Valve inaccessible. Slipped tube?

/ Valve inaccessible. Slipped tube? #1  

frogpond

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
The valve stem on one of my rear tires has assumed a really awkward position: pointing at the rim so tightly that I can't even get the cap off, let alone check the pressure or add air. The tractor is a Kubota bx25d with industrial tires. A couple of years ago, I ran over a stray piece of pointy steel scrap. The local Les Schwab (a trustworthy NW regional tire chain) sent out their farm service truck, and ended up putting a tube in, then refilling with rimguard (beet juice).
Since then, at some unknown point, something slipped. I'd like to get this fixed, rather than wait for the valve stem to break off, or pressure to get really low. I could remove the tire and take it down to the shop.
Any suggestions on how it should be fixed?

/ Valve inaccessible. Slipped tube? #2  
If you jack the tractor up to get the weight off, position the valve at 12 o clock, and let all the air out you may be able to reposition the valve stem. If that doesn't work it may be that the weight of the best juice won't let it shift, in which case you will need to take it to the tire shop.

/ Valve inaccessible. Slipped tube? #3  
+2. What shovelmike says.

/ Valve inaccessible. Slipped tube? #4  
The tire rotated on the rim, pulling the tube with it.

A lot of times the tube sticks to the tire. Chances are it will be hard to move the tube even without the Rimguard. Probably the only way to fix it is to remount the tire. If you have to do that, I'd get a new tire that can be run tubeless, if the old one can't be patched.

/ Valve inaccessible. Slipped tube?
Thanks for the suggestions! It seems like I might as well at least try jacking it up, letting the air out. ( that's if I can get the cap off, or break the cap off). If it doesn't work, I can still take it to the shop. I hope to avoid the expense of a new tire.

/ Valve inaccessible. Slipped tube? #6  
With the air out and the tire off the ground, you should be able to rotate the tire until the tube realigns itself in the tire.

It should be very easy. Just my experience.

/ Valve inaccessible. Slipped tube? #7  
With the air out and the tire off the ground, you should be able to rotate the tire until the tube realigns itself in the tire.

Serious? Sarcasm?
I've tried to do this with a ~1" wide bicycle tube that had an angled valve stem.
Didn't work. Rubber doesn't slide well. Your results may vary.
Bike does have a rubber inner liner...but tiny compared to a tractor tube.
I've 1/2 wondered if sucking the air out of it would get some of the tube away from the rubber tire surface and you're only trying to rotate what is in contact with metal rim?

/ Valve inaccessible. Slipped tube? #8  

I've done this too on smaller tractor tires. Fortunately, the reason the tire spins and causes the problem also makes it easy to correct (tire slips easily on rim).

/ Valve inaccessible. Slipped tube? #9  
Serious? Sarcasm?
I've tried to do this with a ~1" wide bicycle tube that had an angled valve stem.
Didn't work. Rubber doesn't slide well. Your results may vary.
Bike does have a rubber inner liner...but tiny compared to a tractor tube.
I've 1/2 wondered if sucking the air out of it would get some of the tube away from the rubber tire surface and you're only trying to rotate what is in contact with metal rim?

He said it had ballast in the tube.
The weight of the ballast will move the tube in the tire.

Bicycle it totally different. you have to spin the tire on the rim on a bicycle.

/ Valve inaccessible. Slipped tube? #10  
That is an immense amount of weight causing friction tube/against tire. I don't know. But I would HIGHLY doubt the tube moves within the tire. Sometimes I forget though, what size tire is being talked about.

Possibly, the tube was folded over or twisted when installed. I usually inflate and deflate a tube several times to hopefully have it properly deployed within the tire. Many valves actually are not even at the right angle for the rim since rims have various steps and valve positions.