Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings

/ Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings #1  

RidgeTopWVA

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4400
My internet is all through Verizon wireles unlimited and has been for years and I have been pleased with the service provided to me . This Friday evening and the previous 2 Friday's they have been throttling back the internet speed to a crawl and it usually starts around 04:30/05:00 P.M and lasts until around midnight. If the reason for doing so is a servicing/ maintenance reason's why would they not wait until after midnight to start doing it ?

/ Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings #2  
How many Gigabites have you used this month ?

/ Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings #3  
I used to have Verizon but switched to Beam fixed wireless for speed and then to T-Mobile 5G Unlimited. I am in a very rural location and Verizon was never very fast here - about 20 mbps or so. And, as I recall, if I used more than a few hundred gigs it would slow. Service was unlimited - but not at full speed. I did also experience near outages a few times when they were working on the only tower near me. They never announced it - and cell phone service was poor too. Fixed wireless was great, but the company folded after a year. T-Mobile 5G is now pretty good. I get speeds from 40 to 150 mbps and have used a ton of data without any slowdown. The speed for all wireless systems drops a little during peak cell phone times - like rush hour, etc.

/ Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings
How many Gigabites have you used this month ?
Data

You have unlimited data.​

1.07 GB data used

7 days left in cycle
Again like the last 2 weeks on it has now started working again at about 00:10 midnight.

/ Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings #5  
I had internet beamed to the house from a local mountain. The speed was supposed to be 3 GBpS but one became far more common as more users moved into the area. I got with the local phone company (Ziply in this case) who connected me with a DSL link. The price was about the same as my beamed signal but speeds have improved dramatically to about 12 - 15 GBpS. Upload speed it about the same.

/ Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings #6  
I am in a very rural location and Verizon was never very fast here - about 20 mbps or so.

Wow! I am also in a "very rural" location and I just wish I could get 20 mbps. Most of the time its lucky to hit 1 mbps...and then there's times it's just non-existent.

Wow! I am also in a "very rural" location and I just wish I could get 20 mbps. Most of the time its lucky to hit 1 mbps...and then there's times it's just non-existent.
Rural areas out west ARE much bigger than the rural areas than here in the east for sure. I could only guess how far out in the desert that you are.

/ Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings #8  
Rural users should try Starlink if you don't mind $110 a month for 70g.
But it slows during heavy usage here because we are rural but near big city users.

Rural areas out west ARE much bigger than the rural areas than here in the east for sure. I could only guess how far out in the desert that you are.

/ Verizon Wireless slow on Friday evenings #10  
I lived out in Joshua Tree in the 80s we had a 12' satellite dish just to watch TV. lol