VERY HOT TIP!! BCS 853 and 3 implements FOR SALE

/ VERY HOT TIP!! BCS 853 and 3 implements FOR SALE #1  

cnestor1

Tractor
Ford
There's a fellow in central North Carolina selling a BCS 853 and 3 implements (30" tiller, cutter bar, and Berta rotary plow) and he's asking only $4200. I don't think anything is over 3 years old and lightly used. I wish I had run into this deal when I was in the market 2 years ago. I bought his BCS Roller Blade 75 flail from him. It was UNUSED.

It's practically a half price sale. This won't last. It's on Facebook marketplace. Good luck!

If you end up buying it I would appreciate hearing the story on here. Nice guy selling it.

/ VERY HOT TIP!! BCS 853 and 3 implements FOR SALE #2  
I think you are correct, that deal did not last. My son talk to the gent yesterday, found some money, and will pick it up Friday. It is great!! Now he will stop borrowing mine :)
The seller lives about 2 hrs from us, the cutter bar is being repaired(new teeth) and will be ready Friday, and John is off work Friday. It is good.. Now John will just be borrowing my implements, and he really wanted the cutter for some really steep ground hay.
Thanks for the heads up. It took me almost 2 years to find my BCS850.

/ VERY HOT TIP!! BCS 853 and 3 implements FOR SALE #3  
Finally got a chance to work on the new to us BCS853. To say the machine was lightly used is an understatement. I think unused for a couple of years is more like it. Most everything is in good shape. We had to really work to get the tiller off, QD was frozen every way you can think of.Actually had to take the QD off the tractor and tiller and encourage it with a lot of penetrating oil and a hammer with chisels , pry bars, and punches to get it apart. Even broke a 5" vise, but all is good. The PTO shifter was also frozen, would not reverse, so punched out the roll pin, drove out the shaft and cleaned it up, so all is good there also. While we had it apart, we changed the brakes to match the BCS850, as in shifted cables so the brakes are on the right hand and are set for normal operation when mowing. It was a good learning experience for John, really wasn't anything major wrong. I was actually expecting a few more issues. Now if the rain will miss for a day or two, and work doesn't get in the way, he might can actually put it to work.
Comparing the 850 to the 853, 850 seems a little heavier around the handle bar assembly and has no plastic cover. 853 has maybe more durable reverse and diff lock handles, I think the 850 brake and clutch levers are a little stouter. Both are great machines.
Thanks cnestor1 for the tip. We are very pleased.