Veterans Online Shopping Benefit & DD214

/ Veterans Online Shopping Benefit & DD214 #1  

MarkF48

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2216
I stumbled onto information that US veterans can now online shop at four different military exchanges ( VetVerify.org ), but supposedly to get verified they are looking for a certain version of the DD214 discharge paperwork, what they refer to as 'Member Copies 2-8'. 'Member Copy 1' evidently doesn't include the necessary info. When I was discharge back in '71 I only received one version of the DD214 and this is what I submitted for verification. Kinda wondering when the multiple versions of the DD214 came about if anyone knows.

More about online exchange shopping from 'Military Times'.....
Your questions answered about the new veterans online shopping benefit

Attachments

• verify dd214.jpg
    verify dd214.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 253
   / Veterans Online Shopping Benefit & DD214 #2  
I signed up for that a few months ago when they were in Beta. I didn't need my 214 as I was in their system. I would have to go dig for my 214, but I remember there are several actual pages (copies) to it, at least 4 that I can remember (from the 90's).

Honestly though, I have not purchased anything from the site as once you include the shipping costs I can do much better from other sites (Amazon).

/ Veterans Online Shopping Benefit & DD214 #3  
If I remember right, there is the "long form" and the "short form" on the 214. When I got out, I got 3-4 copies of mine, all duplicates. Seems like 2 of them were "longer" than the others, and do have more information at the bottom, where the additional length is. I'd have to dig mine out to tell you if there are any "copy numbers" on them. We always just referred to them as "long" and "short". I've had to provide my long form a couple of times over the years, for the information they were looking for is on the bottom portion.

/ Veterans Online Shopping Benefit & DD214 #4  
I was discharged in 1969. I just checked my DD-214 form -- it has a "3" in the bottom right corner. I had misplaced the copies I received at discharge and had to order a replacement. My copy does include my full name at discharge, my SSN, and that my discharge was "Honorable" as required per the OP's attachment.

Steve

/ Veterans Online Shopping Benefit & DD214
I was discharged in 1969. I just checked my DD-214 form -- it has a "3" in the bottom right corner. I had misplaced the copies I received at discharge and had to order a replacement. My copy does include my full name at discharge, my SSN, and that my discharge was "Honorable" as required per the OP's attachment.

Steve

Mine has a "1" at the bottom right and it was the only one I received. It does have all the required info that they seem to need for verification.

/ Veterans Online Shopping Benefit & DD214
Just found this and it explains the different versions......
DD Form 214 - Wikipedia

From the extent of the information on mine, I'd guess I have the 'long' version.

/ Veterans Online Shopping Benefit & DD214 #7  
I just checked mine. From discharge 21Apr1978 is form 1.