Victory Ditch Bank Flail or Bush Hog 216 Rotary Mower?

/ Victory Ditch Bank Flail or Bush Hog 216 Rotary Mower? #1  

K5lwq

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti LK2554, Branson 4815C, Satoh Beaver, Speedex
I posted this in the Let's Talk Flail Mowers thread but thought a new post might get better feedback.

I need a little advice from the flail mowing community. Has anyone dealt with Victory Implements out of California?

I am looking at their ditch bank mower. The reason I am interested is they claim that these fit "Most" quick hitches. Also they show to be lighter than some of the other ditch bank mowers.

I have not owned a flail before but see the benefits they can offer. I am about 50/50 on getting a ditch bank flail or a Bush Hog 216 rotary mower. I will only be mowing about 1.5 acres with either one. I have about 350 ft of ditch I would mow with the flail that I currently just let the county mow twice a year. I also have some tree lines that it would be nice to use a offset mower to mow.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Below is a link to the Victory flail I am looking at. I am also open to suggestions if anyone has a opinion! Thanks!

Flail Mowers for Compact Tractors | EMSD-64 Standard Duty Bank Mower

/ Victory Ditch Bank Flail or Bush Hog 216 Rotary Mower?
I went with the Victory Flail. We will see if they are decent or not. I will update this thread with pictures when it arrives. Thanks

I wanted to update this thread so anyone looking at this mower will have a reference.

The mower arrived in good shape. It was packaged well.

1. The claim that it fits most quick hitches is not entirely accurate. The spacing is fine but it hits the swing arm nut on my SpeedCo. Also the PTO shaft could hit the top of the QH if set too low. I am about 90% sure I will not use the QH for this mower.

2. Overall construction seems to be good. Welds are fine and overall the framework is designed well.

3. The PTO shaft is not the best quality. The push release button popped off just connecting it once.

4. The appearance is not bad although time will tell the quality of paint used.

5. One of the support legs can not be pinned in the up position. Both legs are identical and the manual states one should be longer. Most likely this was just a mistake and they probably will make send the correct one.

6. The manual is not very accurate on several fronts but overall was helpful.

7. Routing the hoses to where they will not interfere or drag the ground
will be challenging. Still working on that.

I have not mowed or engaged the drum yet but did check the offset and full range of the tilt. At this point I would say it is worth the price but it definitely definitely has some room for improvements. That being said, I am satisfied with my purchase and feel it will meet my needs.

Attachments

• 5CAC8410-ED1B-4679-8219-477AA06F7EC3.jpeg
    5CAC8410-ED1B-4679-8219-477AA06F7EC3.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 382
  • 458B1159-BA70-4BB4-996E-DDBA29B13957.jpeg
    458B1159-BA70-4BB4-996E-DDBA29B13957.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 373
  • 7A65EDE1-CADF-49AF-8885-793E984C9618.jpeg
    7A65EDE1-CADF-49AF-8885-793E984C9618.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 353
  • 0E5F9F73-1AF2-45DC-B4CE-721B5014B30C.jpeg
    0E5F9F73-1AF2-45DC-B4CE-721B5014B30C.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 388
  • A7CCC54B-4D48-47BC-B407-BBBD969D3363.jpeg
    A7CCC54B-4D48-47BC-B407-BBBD969D3363.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 420
   / Victory Ditch Bank Flail or Bush Hog 216 Rotary Mower? #4  
Thanks for the post. I am currently in the process of buying one of these from Victory. They've been very responsive to my questions.
Question for you: My LS does not have a float setting on the rear remotes. Do you think that is important to have?

Thanks for the post. I am currently in the process of buying one of these from Victory. They've been very responsive to my questions.
Question for you: My LS does not have a float setting on the rear remotes. Do you think that is important to have?

I do think it is important. It would be very hard to get a even cut without unless your land is very level.

I added float to my remotes.

Look at post 606 here. https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/century-branson/353377-what-have-you-done-your-61.html

/ Victory Ditch Bank Flail or Bush Hog 216 Rotary Mower? #6  
Thank you for the reply. That set up looks amazingly complicated. Are those valves and solenoids commonly available? Or did you order them from somewhere specific

It was fairly simple. I bought them at my local hydraulic supply store.

/ Victory Ditch Bank Flail or Bush Hog 216 Rotary Mower? #8  
Looks like a Chinese flail mower. Can't find any info on the company other than posted product sales literature. Any idea how large and how long they have been in business?

It is a Chinese Flail. They have been selling them for several years now and have good reviews. No complaints on mine so far.

/ Victory Ditch Bank Flail or Bush Hog 216 Rotary Mower? #10  
Thank you for the reply. That set up looks amazingly complicated. Are those valves and solenoids commonly available? Or did you order them from somewhere specific

See post #611 in that same thread for a link to a manual valve that might be an option.