Video of My 100mph Go-Kart

/ Video of My 100mph Go-Kart #2  
thats cool,

however plowing here is a major understear!

/ Video of My 100mph Go-Kart #3  
Thanx for the ride-along! That double apex turn one looks like a hoot.

So on lap 3, could that slower cart have been in a more inopertune place (turn 3 I think, right sweeper)? Right at the apex... :rolleyes:

Too bad the wind noise drowned out the engine. I'll be that thing sings a sweet tune! ;)

/ Video of My 100mph Go-Kart
It sure sings real good at 12,500rpm down the straight in high gear!!! :D

Prior to turning on the camera, a doe deer came up to me in the middle of the apex on Turn 1 with me doing 85 MPH, thank God she stopped on the edge of the pavement. :eek:

I did not have a horn, so I gave her the finger!!! LOL :p

/ Video of My 100mph Go-Kart #5  
Just thought I'd let you know I nearly had a collision with 2 does this morning. I did not have time to give them the finger. I was just happy not to have a deer come through my windshield.

/ Video of My 100mph Go-Kart #6  
Nice video.
Brings back a childhood memory.
Years ago (about 30 years), I had the opportunity to drive a race gocart. Two things have stuck in my mind all these years. Its a rough ride. I remember my vision being blurred so bad by the shaking and bouncing that I could barely focus. The other thing that I remember is that it handled so twitchy at speed that I was almost affraid to steer it, and I wasnt going anywhere near 100mph..

/ Video of My 100mph Go-Kart #7  
That's not a go-cart, it's a low flying airplane. That baby really flies.

During a 30 minute race that covers >50 miles, the driving is brutal as you take 3.0-3.2 G's around the corners totally pinned into the seat. You have to wear a special rib protector just to avoid breaking your ribs going around the corners.

Let's see if I can get this pic link to work, it is me in the final afternoon road race with 25 other contestants.

68699907.jpg

/ Video of My 100mph Go-Kart #10  
Wow! Those carts have changed since I raced them in the late 60's. Great post.