Vintage Insley Excavator

/ Vintage Insley Excavator #11  
... and eventually, please come back and tell us how it turned out. :)

Heck if you get some absurd offers, that can be entertaining too. My worst was an offer of left-over siding, for the tractor I put on Craigslist. Oh and a 'treasured bicycle'. Hope your sale is easier than that!

/ Vintage Insley Excavator
got pics of that Insley....

Attachments

• IMG_8190.jpg
    IMG_8190.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_8191.jpg
    IMG_8191.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_8192.jpg
    IMG_8192.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 127
   / Vintage Insley Excavator #14  
I think if it was me I’d call your most local scrap steel buyer and ask how much it’s worth as scrap for a base. Then try to get a price on moving it which probably will eat up most of the scrap value. I don’t think you’re going to find too many people interested in spending the time and money to resurrect that old of obsolete iron. Just my honest opinion 😀

I think if it was me I’d call your most local scrap steel buyer and ask how much it’s worth as scrap for a base. Then try to get a price on moving it which probably will eat up most of the scrap value. I don’t think you’re going to find too many people interested in spending the time and money to resurrect that old of obsolete iron. Just my honest opinion 😀
I had already contacted the local scrap dealer and had been trying to find someone to haul it away, before I posted in this thread. I agree with your assessment. I was looking for someone to confirm my assessment. Thank you.

/ Vintage Insley Excavator #16  
But first advertise widely - Craiglist, Facebook Marketplace, whatever.

There might be someone out there interested. YouTube has many vids of people restoring stuff like that, that they discovered abandoned in the woods etc. You never know.

SOLD AND WILL BE REMOVED FROM MY PROPERTY!
THANKS EVERYONE!