Want to Buy: Woods mower for a Farmall Cub

Item Details
Type
Attachment
I would like to find a 59 inch Woods mower along with the pulley and the bar that holds the 2 pulleys to run the belt up to the mower. I am located near Tampa Fl. I can travel to pick it up. I will look at a 42 inch one if it is in good condition.

/ Want to Buy: Woods mower for a Farmall Cub #2  
Like new complete Woods on 1950 Cub in Ohio. Too far to travel?

/ Want to Buy: Woods mower for a Farmall Cub #3  
Have you ever run a Cub with a mower???

IF you have much for grass, they are pretty under powered, they only have 10-1/2 hp...

SR

/ Want to Buy: Woods mower for a Farmall Cub
I am from Ohio. I need a reason to come home.

Have you ever run a Cub with a mower???

IF you have much for grass, they are pretty under powered, they only have 10-1/2 hp...

SR

I have never used a rotary mower. I have plowed hundreds of gardens, used a disc and harrow to prep the gardens, cultivated gardens, used the sickle bar mower to mow hay, raked hay, plowed potatoes, pulled trailers to feed, pulled wagons to move hay, hay rides, built fence, retrieved stuck and broken down 4 wheelers, mended fences, cleared fence rows, plowed snow, hand picked corn, prepped corn fields (9 acres). That took awhile to plow!

Under powered? Compared to what? A $10,000 zero turn, yes, maybe or a $20,000 Bota . But they will also mow and make a nice looking yard if you do not mind going slow. I like old slow old iron.

You can not buy a good new "garden tractor" so I decided to go this route. And a zero turn will not mow next to the lake nor on the hillside like the cub. Set up with loaded ag tires with front and rear wheel weights it will go places that I would not take a zero turn. Plus it is small enough to go into a shipping container for storage.

/ Want to Buy: Woods mower for a Farmall Cub #6  
All the things you mentioned do NOT take the power a mower takes.

I have used a cub for mowing, and anyplace the grass was thick, it was down on power way too much for me. I could NOT take a full cut without the motor slowing down too much, and as the cub has a fairly fast first gear, that didn't help any either.

You may have thin grass and will find one acceptable, but don't say that I didn't warn you.

SR

/ Want to Buy: Woods mower for a Farmall Cub #7  
I bought the combo for the tractor and have never tried the finish mower and can't comment on performance. It's not stored at the house and when I get over to that property will take photos.

I bought the combo for the tractor and have never tried the finish mower and can't comment on performance. It's not stored at the house and when I get over to that property will take photos.

Thank You

/ Want to Buy: Woods mower for a Farmall Cub #9  
Thank You

I mowed my 3 acre yard with a cub with 59 woods belly deck for many years until I purchased a zero turn. Cut mowing time in half. The cub was more comfortable to ride with the big rear tires. Where the grass was thick I would just slightly raise the deck so the mower would not bog down. As grass thinned out I would lower the deck back down. I would not mow around a pond or on slopes with a cub. The old tractors do not have rops. If you need to mow around a pond a cub with sickle mower might be better. Lastly, I have a Bunton z turn with a front mount deck and a rear wheel behind the engine. Similar to a grasshopper or walker front mount mower. Being a longer lower mower I would say it is more stable than a cub.