Wanted dead or alive Power Trac

/ Wanted dead or alive Power Trac #1  

ncstriper

Tractor
steiner 420
Hello everyone and thank you in advance. I'm looking for a power trac that needs work and a new home. So if you know of one let me know please. Thanks again

/ Wanted dead or alive Power Trac #2  
Welcome to TBN! :thumbsup:

keep an eye on the Power Trac website used machine section, ebay, craig's list, etc... good luck in your search.

/ Wanted dead or alive Power Trac #3  
Welcome. Some more information would help, like what size PT , where are you located and how far you are willing to travel.

/ Wanted dead or alive Power Trac
I apologise for not being able to respond. I appreciate everyones help and patience. I'm looking for recommendations. I currently have and enjoy a 420 steiner 21hp kubota. I've always wanted to try the Power Trac because it looks to be as perfect in concept as possible. If the group could help me I would greatly appreciate it. Some things I know I want that my 420 dual wheels want deliver affordably. More vertical lift, and easier customized attachments its a curse, more pulling power. Thanks.

Im in NC. Willing to travel .

One more thing on the list cut heavy brush up to 4" trees 30 hours a week. Trail making/cutting basically. Remove a cut down reasonable tree.

/ Wanted dead or alive Power Trac #7  
You're looking more like a commercial user with that many hours per week cutting that much brush that large, maybe you should be looking at a tracked skidsteer with a mulching head.

/ Wanted dead or alive Power Trac #8  
I agree with MossRoad. If you are going to be cutting brush 30 hours a week, you may be happier with a mulching head on a tracked skid steer, like an ASV RT-75, if the slope isn稚 too bad. If it is, a 1445 will take you to 25 degrees or so, or an 1850 to 45degrees, but they don稚 have the weight that a skid steer has, so they aren稚 as good at earthmoving for trails, but better at floating over soft ground.

My 1445 with a 6 brush cutter goes through brush faster than a skid steer with a mulching head, but leaves behind bigger pieces, and the stumps are a couple inches high. A mulching head will totally remove the stumps.

Can you help us out? What are you using now? When you say trail, is it flat, sloped, or really steep? Is it mainly brush removal? Grading? Adding base rock? Are they trails for humans? Horses? Bikes? Cars?

All the best,

Peter

Thanks for all the help. I'm currently using a 420 steiner 21hp standard belt drive setup. The cutting head is one I built. It destroys brambles, vine, grass and saplings no problem. Can drop 6" trees no issue no feed back on the tractor either. Cuts and shreds flush with the ground up to steiners limited lift height. Terrain that I play on is diverse swamps and woody hillside. The hills are uncomfortable and a bit much for tractors. Belts and limbs dont mesh well royal pain. I really like my small foot print it makes trail making easy, avoid the 2.5" and bigger trees as much as possible. The trails when finished range from 6 feet to 10 feet in width depends on the clients needs. Soil range peat to clay. My issue with steiner and ventrac are implement weight and square footage on the trailer, lifting height, periodic belt destruction due to debris. Want to keep low stance easier for me to get on and off. I really like the weight and lift of the pt425. Would like to drop a 38hp efi kohler in it maybe seeing how I got one on the shelf. I do alot of sub work for landscapers that have skid steers and mulchers. Either because of soil conditions and or small scope jobs.