Warranty Question and Thought?

/ Warranty Question and Thought? #1  

nwut05

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland T-1510, T 4.75
I been a tractor owner a long time and a friend of mine just bought a new Bota with lots of warranty. He asked me if he used it with his equipment that had hydraulics on it would would it void the warranty? I was stumped, I had never really studied this question until now. His reasoning is that the equipment was previously used with other tractors and they were not Kubota and he was worried about fluid contamination and in-compatibility if he used the equipment, therefore the dealer would have a reason/excuse to state he used the wrong fluid in the tractor, if he ever had a warranty issue? I had never really thought of this, but what is your thoughts about unknowingly contaminating the system this way? and would it be enough to cause the warranty issue? thanks

/ Warranty Question and Thought? #2  
Short answer is no. Chances are he will not need warranty for anything related to hydraulics. Also there is not enough of anything in his lines to create a problem.

/ Warranty Question and Thought? #3  
Is the equipment so old it has non spec fluid, or very old/dirty fluid? If so, I would not want them on my NEW tractor.
If I had to use them, I try and flush and fill with new fluid.
Now if that is not the case, I would not worry about the warranty being denied.

/ Warranty Question and Thought? #4  
I was advised by my BIL(used to be a full time farmer);not to cross contaminate by connecting some-one else's Equiptment.I purchased my own cylinder(s) and lines to use on borrowed equiptment.
I think the dealer gave you good advise.

/ Warranty Question and Thought? #5  
Meh, dont worry about it. I bought a used backhoe for my tractor, that sat in a lot for a few years, and was older. I didnt even hesitate hooking it up to my new tractor. Its true that not all hydraulic oil is the same, but there is simply not enough of it to make any difference what so ever. If your dealer got that **** about a little bit of contamination in your hydraulic oil if you bring your tractor in for warranty work, then you need to find a new dealer.

This is not like getting the wrong blood type in the Emergency Room. You'll be just fine.

/ Warranty Question and Thought? #6  
When I buy an old piece of hydraulic equipment, I hook it to my remotes, leaving one hose off/in a CLEAN bucket to cycle some of my fluid through the tool. It allows me to see what's in there, if anything to worry about.

I've even put a filter in line when cycling fluid through, like when I bought a used loader that sat a long time.

SR

/ Warranty Question and Thought? #7  
Dealers will look for ANY reason to refuse your claim ( ALL dealers included in this) so I wouldnt even think about hooking up to unknown stuff ----- get your own cylinders if possible.

/ Warranty Question and Thought? #8  
Whelp, my dealer must not be included in "ALL" dealers. I had warranty work done, on the hydraulic system, on my tractor, after using older, used, unknown equipment for a while. No issues at all for warranty. (it was a leaky seal, had nothing to do with the equipment or the hydraulic oil)

But I know, I just got lucky, right? Next time they'll nail me?

Or does it just sound better to say that all dealers will refuse warranty for any reason they can come up with? If that were the case, there would be a lot more lawsuits, and dealers will will go out of business. No one would trust a warranty, or a dealer.

Dealers know and understand how people use tractors. They know that people will buy used equipment. They know that people who buy new tractors and hook up to used equipment, 99.99% of the time, dont care or even think about the warranty. They know that if they dont honor a warranty because of something as simple as a trace amount of contaminated oil, that they will likely get a ton of push back.

Now, if you did a hydraulic oil change, and used the complete wrong oil, then I can see a dealer not honoring the warranty. But common, implements?? 🤪

/ Warranty Question and Thought? #9  
Dealers will look for ANY reason to refuse your claim ( ALL dealers included in this) so I wouldnt even think about hooking up to unknown stuff ----- get your own cylinders if possible.
You may have and share that opinion but you aren't qualified to post what ALL dealers do regarding warranty claims.

/ Warranty Question and Thought? #10  
Is the equipment so old it has non spec fluid, or very old/dirty fluid? If so, I would not want them on my NEW tractor.
If I had to use them, I try and flush and fill with new fluid.
Now if that is not the case, I would not worry about the warranty being denied.
Absolutely correct.