Mowing Was your new implement old when you purchased it from the dealership?

/ Was your new implement old when you purchased it from the dealership? #1  

MUDONTHETIRES

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6065 4WD
Curious as to how common this is across the country. Just about every dealership around here sells new implements that are two, three or four years old or more. Looking at a finish mower and one dealership has one that is a year old. Another dealership has two that are three years old with faded paint from sitting in the weather for so long. Asked how much a new one would be if I ordered one and was told same price. Not that it’s an issue but was thinking about dry rotted belts, water in the gearbox and things like that but not so much the faded paint. Is this normal in the implement world?

/ Was your new implement old when you purchased it from the dealership? #2  
Curious as to how common this is across the country. Just about every dealership around here sells new implements that are two, three or four years old or more. Looking at a finish mower and one dealership has one that is a year old. Another dealership has two that are three years old with faded paint from sitting in the weather for so long. Asked how much a new one would be if I ordered one and was told same price. Not that it’s an issue but was thinking about dry rotted belts, water in the gearbox and things like that but not so much the faded paint. Is this normal in the implement world?
It certainly seems to be "normal" with TSC, but I only buy dog food at TSC.

/ Was your new implement old when you purchased it from the dealership? #3  
Everything I’ve bought new was pretty much new. No noticeably faded paint.

/ Was your new implement old when you purchased it from the dealership? #4  
i bought a land plane 2 months ago, full price, was 8 years old. didn't budge on the price.

/ Was your new implement old when you purchased it from the dealership?
It certainly seems to be "normal" with TSC, but I only buy dog food at TSC.

4health dog food is about all I get there too. Thanks for your input.

/ Was your new implement old when you purchased it from the dealership? #8  
4health dog food is about all I get there too. Thanks for your input.
Add me to that list, I buy their biggest bag about once per month. Everything else I can get for less money elsewhere, and I don't have to listen to their pseudo country music.

/ Was your new implement old when you purchased it from the dealership?
Add me to that list, I buy their biggest bag about once per month. Everything else I can get for less money elsewhere, and I don't have to listen to their pseudo country music.

Hahhhaaaaa!!! Same!

/ Was your new implement old when you purchased it from the dealership? #10  
My brother bought a new unused rototiller from a dealer some years ago and it hit some hard material and killed the tractor. We thought that it was interesting as it had a slip clutch in the PTO shaft. We thought maybe it was adjusted too tightly for his tractor HP so we loosened the bolts on the clutch and even with the bolts totally slacked off, the clutch would not slip. It was rusted solid.
Called the dealer and said they had never seen that before.... All of the new tillers were sitting in the rain waiting to be sold.