Waste Oil Handling, Got Grease?

/ Waste Oil Handling, Got Grease? #12  
Never been overly fond of any extractor device simply because they don't clean the bottom of the sump like pulling the drain plug when the oil is warm does. I always drain after the engine warms up and I leave the plug(s) out until all the drain oil is drained. Warm oil flows much better than cold and I always pull a sample as the oil is draining and send it off to Blackstone for analysis anyway.
Me neither, but if you read the last sentence in the first paragraph of my reply, since he has no container large enough to hold the 12 gallons, the idea was to pump out enough oil in containers, to finish draining into a pan he may have, or fit under the tractor.

/ Waste Oil Handling, Got Grease? #13  
If I remember correctly, my local county landfill had a special tank for antifreeze. Yours might, too.
That is a great suggestion. I thought the same. Our local transfer had a hazardous waste area, but does not take antifreeze. The told me that nobody in our town does. Still, good idea.

/ Waste Oil Handling, Got Grease? #14  
That is a great suggestion. I thought the same. Our local transfer had a hazardous waste area, but does not take antifreeze. The told me that nobody in our town does. Still, good idea.
They make it mighty difficult to do the right thing. Last time I checked, my landfill wouldn't accept brake fluid.

/ Waste Oil Handling, Got Grease? #15  
Have been on hold, before draining the 12 gallons of hydraulic fluid, thinking, how do we transfer it to the 5 gal buckets?
What does it get drained into? Thinking a plastic tote but not comfortable with 12 gallons in one flimsy tank.
Ideas?

Also, got grease? I like tubes but thinking of other ways of doing it...
Ended up waiting at a Tractor supply for the weekly shipment to get unloaded, picked up 10 tubes.
I burn my waste oil in my wood stove. I don't store it except temporarily in five gallon oil buckets. I keep a couple gallon jugs of waste oil around to start the fire. The rest of the waste oil I pour the oil on the woodpiles while the wood is drying and burn the wood months later. I only have about 20 gallons a year of waste oil so it is not economical for me to burn it directly. I know people who collect waste oil, filter it, and burn it in a wood stove with a blower fan and flame holder so it doesn't smoke. Great source of heat! As to paper, old grease tubes, plastic bottles, and anything that will burn - it all keeps me warm in the winter. BTW I live far from other people so nobody has ever complained about my environmental impact. One thing is certain: I don't make the local trash mountain get higher with my tiny amount of waste.

/ Waste Oil Handling, Got Grease? #16  
Hi Gary, Welcome to TBN.