Water fire extinguishers

sea2summit

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota 1860->25D, MX5800, M4D
I thought we had a big thread over water fire extinguishers and mounting/use on balers. Can't seem to find it if anyone remembers could you link it?

Or just post up your opinions and favorite set up ;)

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Maybe:

Bruce

OP
S

sea2summit

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota 1860->25D, MX5800, M4D
Maybe:

Bruce
The search-fu is strong with this one.

Thanks!

plowhog

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey GC1710, Massey 1758 w/cab, Ventrac 4500Y, Internat. TD9 dozer Ford F-800 dump GMC 3500 dump GMC 2500 Duramax Chevy 1500HD Polaris 800 RZR-SxS Ditch Witch 2100
I don't bale any hay. But I use Amerex 2.5 gal water fire extinguishers a lot. Always nearby when doing chain saw work or tending burn piles. Two suggestions:

1. pay close attention to the pressure gauge (mine are optimal at 100psi). I've found they can slowly leak down in pressure over time.

2. When you refill with water and pressurize, do a quick test by pulling the trigger to make sure water comes out before you put it back in service. One time, at a burn pile, I pulled the trigger and nothing happened even though it was full and pressurized. So I always check each one after refill.

ning

Veteran Member
Tractor
Branson 3520h
I bought one new a couple of years ago : Amerex B240 2.5 Gallon Water Pressure Fire Extinguisher ($135 w/ free shipping). Trivial to set up.

Caveat: I had a good chance to use it earlier this spring when my neighbor set the meadow on fire but the extinguisher was in my shop waiting to be attached to the tractor somehow >.< however my bucket did a great job of scraping a fire break :)
Extinguishers only work if you've got them when you need them!

Thread hijack: Anyone attach one of these to a tractor without buying a mounting bracket? ($50 seems a bit steep)

mike0000

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson, Kubota RTV 900, Kubota L3901
Small tip with water type extinguisher. Index finger slightly over the edge of the nozzle while spraying gives a fan pattern as opposed to the solid stream.

“PASS” technique

P ull the pin
A im the nozzle at the base of the fire
S queeze the trigger
S weep the nozzle back and forth

Mike