Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060

/ Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060 #31  
The mechanic did tell me not to put additives in the tank, because it does not remove the water, but only dissolves it, and it still gets into the tractor's fuel system. I'm not sure if that is totally correct.
I presume (don't know for sure because neither of my Kubota's are T4 final units), that, the T4 units are much more sensitive to contaminated fuel than the pre 4 units. Both mine are conventional high pressure injection via a Bosch style injection pump, No common rail, no electronics, the only electrical component on mine is the fuel cut solenoid.

/ Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060
This is the product that I add to my nurse tank almost every time I fill it.

/ Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060 #33  
Never used that actually, Being the fact that where you reside is prone to high ambient moisture with cool nights and warm days, I suspect you are collecting condensation in your storage tank. Like I said, I bottom drain off the accumulated gook regularly. Nice thing is, it all settles to the bottom and my pump pick up tube is 6" off the bottom of my bulk tank. One thin g you really have to do is use the correct dosage too. Too little does nothing, too much does nothing either.

/ Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060 #34  
Bummer on the issue!
Didn't we have a member from Alaska with the same issue on the same,or similar tractor last year?
He had more like 2500 hours though.

Everything failed, according to Kubota the ECU, pump and pretty much every other Injection related part.

jmo but can't see gambling on a new Kubota without also purchasing KTAC
$10000 for a single repair of what is a low hour tractor is not a gamble worth taking for a single repair.

These failures read a bit like CP 4 pump failures the big 3 HD truck manufacturers have been going through. RAM went back to the reliable CP3 Pumps in 2021. When a CP 4 pump fails it generally shrapnels everything down the line
Not real sure what Kubota is using but thought it was a Denso system?

EDIT: So after re reading the other thread KTAC does NOT Cover this kind of failure,

Kubota Extended Warranty was mentioned though.

Last edited:
   / Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060 #35  
Mr. Funnel is supposed to be good for removing water. It makes refueling rather slow though.

/ Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060 #36  
Mr. Funnel is supposed to be good for removing water. It makes refueling rather slow though.
I have the large size Mr Funnel. I refueled my empty MX today in less than 10 minutes.

/ Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060 #37  
On our old school mechanical injection fuel systems,additives that emulsify the water in the fuel to be burned up in the combustion chamber were fine.
New high pressure common rail injectors can't deal with any water.
The high pressure will boil off the water and leave the injector with no lubrication.
The current thinking is to drop the water out of suspension before it makes it way to the injectors.

/ Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060 #38  
Like the title says, water in fuel caused me a $10,000 repair bill to my 2017 Grand L6060 with about 1200 hours on it. The water caused rust in the fuel rail which caused damage to the injectors. I have had fuel problems with this tractor since its new.

I have a 100 gal. nurse tank that I use to fuel my tractors. I assume that condensation is happening in this tank. I do add a fuel 'cleaner' to each 100 gallons I put in the nurse tank. I guess this is mostly my fault, because I don't monitor the water separator on the tractor closely enough. I will check it more often now after this.
I am shocked that it has a metal tank. I had a Kubota B7100, which had a plastic tank. I now have a Mahindra 5035 HST, also with a plastic tank. I think plastic is a better choice to avoid corrosion.

/ Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060
I am shocked that it has a metal tank. I had a Kubota B7100, which had a plastic tank. I now have a Mahindra 5035 HST, also with a plastic tank. I think plastic is a better choice to avoid corrosion.
My tractor has a plastic tank and is actually 2 tanks connected with a hose and a check valve between the the tanks. My nurse tank is metal.

/ Water in fuel causes $10,000 damage to my Kubota Grand L6060 #40  
Like the title says, water in fuel caused me a $10,000 repair bill to my 2017 Grand L6060 with about 1200 hours on it. The water caused rust in the fuel rail which caused damage to the injectors. I have had fuel problems with this tractor since its new.

I have a 100 gal. nurse tank that I use to fuel my tractors. I assume that condensation is happening in this tank. I do add a fuel 'cleaner' to each 100 gallons I put in the nurse tank. I guess this is mostly my fault, because I don't monitor the water separator on the tractor closely enough. I will check it more often now after this.
My 2019 M5-111 last month had catastrophic engine failure as well, 1,200 hours, from the diesel high pressure fuel pump. Cost estimated $17,000. I wonder how many other Kubotas are having this issue. KTAC, Kubota insurance is not covering the claim. I will start collecting contact info from other Kubota owners to see if this is a systemic problem of filters not filtering and maybe hold Kubota accountable. Send your contact info to me at Landruma@aol.com if interested.