Buying Advice We are "go" for launch - RK55HC with everything

/ We are "go" for launch - RK55HC with everything #1  

markie61

Veteran Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King RK55HC with Loader & Backhoe; 2001 New Holland TC40D with Loader
Since RK apparently doesn't offer short-term 0% financing (a no-cost option that would give us a few months float to sell the older tractor - we cannot sell first since we MUST always have a tractor here), we found the money to get:
-RK55HC
-Loader
-3rd function
-72" grapple
-Backhoe with extra 9" bucket
-3rd remote
-Delivery
-50-hr service supplies
Likely, this will be the last tractor we get in our lifetimes. Anyone see missing options?
Thanks!

PS - coming soon "for sale": 2001 New Holland TC40D, ~2400hrs, 16LA loader, QA bucket, single remote, canopy, full set of factory service/parts manuals, just FULLY serviced (literally every fluid and filter)

Last edited:
   / We are "go" for launch - RK55HC with everything #2  
Enjoy your new tractor.

/ We are "go" for launch - RK55HC with everything #3  
Congrats! Don't think you are missing anything in options, especially since they come pretty well loaded as standard.

Guess you are buying from the Front Royal store? I stopped by there a month or two ago to get filters and fluids for my 50 hour service. The place was packed and their service guy was out but the manager spent almost an hour running around tracking down the filters for me. Great service.

They've only been doing tractors at that location for a few months, from what he was saying they were selling way more than they expected and were trying hard to keep up with demand. They were still trying to get enough parts in stock to do the pre-delivery setup on all the tractors they had going out the door. Good problem to have!

/ We are "go" for launch - RK55HC with everything #4  
Sounds like a nice package!

/ We are "go" for launch - RK55HC with everything
Since RK apparently doesn't offer short-term 0% financing (a no-cost option that would give us a few months float to sell the older tractor - we cannot sell first since we MUST always have a tractor here), we found the money to get:
-RK55HC
-Loader
-3rd function
-72" grapple
-Backhoe with extra 9" bucket
-3rd remote
-Delivery
-50-hr service supplies
Likely, this will be the last tractor we get in our lifetimes. Anyone see missing options?
Thanks!

PS - coming soon "for sale": 2001 New Holland TC40D, ~2400hrs, 16LA loader, QA bucket, single remote, canopy, full set of factory service/parts manuals, just FULLY serviced (literally every fluid and filter)

OK - ordered the aforementioned tractor yesterday. A couple notes about the ordering process:
-If you are buying for "cash" (i.e., not using their financing), you have to go physically into the store and open a "layaway" account with at least 10% down as a deposit.
-If you are financing using RK-provided financing, you can set it up over the internet and phone. (Salesman said...)
-Salesman sending your grandkids to play with the baby fowl (chickens, turkeys, guinea, etc.) under the supervision of someone named "Berdie" (and - NO! I am not kidding...!) while I completed the transaction was a genius idea; I hope she didn't resent being saddled with child-minding duty. As a result, we are now getting chickens...another thread for another day...
-Third rear remote 496241354 is now $348.60 + $75 labor installed (not on website); salesman said they "upgraded" to a better brand which accounts for the $50+labor price difference mentioned in another TBN thread.
-3rd function 212160082 for grapple is still $749.99 + $225 labor installed (same as website). Salesman says grapple comes too close to 3rd function valve piping, so he adds two connectors which increase clearances; newer tractors will come assembled with the modification, but they are transitioning now.
-9" backhoe bucket 212160118 is $169.99 (not on website).
-The only option salesman suggested was the block heater, which I declined since we get very few under-30 days during the year.
-Salesman will provide 50-hour filters at n/c; I just have to buy fluids/lubes.
-Delivery within 50 miles of the store is $250 + $2/mile for each over 50. Waze says I am literally 49.9 miles away - seriously!
-Estimated delivery to the store is 7-10 days. Once they get it, they check it out/test it, clean it up, and will call me to inspect and make final payment. Hopefully, the local transporter can get it to me quickly thereafter.
That's it for now. I will update thread with new information as I get it.

/ We are "go" for launch - RK55HC with everything #6  
-3rd function 212160082 for grapple is still $749.99 + $225 labor installed (same as website). Salesman says grapple comes too close to 3rd function valve piping, so he adds two connectors which increase clearances; newer tractors will come assembled with the modification, but they are transitioning now.

I'm interested to see a pic of the piping modification when you get your tractor.

/ We are "go" for launch - RK55HC with everything #7  
-Estimated delivery to the store is 7-10 days. Once they get it, they check it out/test it, clean it up, and will call me to inspect and make final payment. Hopefully, the local transporter can get it to me quickly thereafter.

Just curious - do you know if it is coming from their facility in Ohio or Florida? (I live fairly close to the facility in Fl)

/ We are "go" for launch - RK55HC with everything #8  
OK - ordered the aforementioned tractor yesterday. A couple notes about the ordering process:
-If you are buying for "cash" (i.e., not using their financing), you have to go physically into the store and open a "layaway" account with at least 10% down as a deposit.
-If you are financing using RK-provided financing, you can set it up over the internet and phone. (Salesman said...)
-Salesman sending your grandkids to play with the baby fowl (chickens, turkeys, guinea, etc.) under the supervision of someone named "Berdie" (and - NO! I am not kidding...!) while I completed the transaction was a genius idea; I hope she didn't resent being saddled with child-minding duty. As a result, we are now getting chickens...another thread for another day...
-Third rear remote 496241354 is now $348.60 + $75 labor installed (not on website); salesman said they "upgraded" to a better brand which accounts for the $50+labor price difference mentioned in another TBN thread.
-9" backhoe bucket 212160118 is $169.99 (not on website).
-The only option salesman suggested was the block heater, which I declined since we get very few under-30 days during the year.
-Salesman will provide 50-hour filters at n/c; I just have to buy fluids/lubes.
-Delivery within 50 miles of the store is $250 + $2/mile for each over 50. Waze says I am literally 49.9 miles away - seriously!
That's it for now. I will update thread with new information as I get it.

This is a VERY EXCITING time,...... with way too many days of anticipation of course!
NICE TRACTOR !!!!!

Last edited:
   / We are "go" for launch - RK55HC with everything #9  
Re: We are "go" for launch - RK55HC with everything

Just curious - do you know if it is coming from their facility in Ohio or Florida? (I live fairly close to the facility in Fl)
Basically only the Florida stores get tractors from the Florida facility. Most of the company's tractors ship from Ohio.

Last edited:
   / We are "go" for launch - RK55HC with everything

Dunno...I have to assume Ohio since it is about 5-6 hours away from the Front Royal store. Florida would be 16-18 hours away.