We complain a lot when things go wrong with companies - not this time.

/ We complain a lot when things go wrong with companies - not this time. #1  

Cat_Driver

Elite Member
Tractor
2016 Kubota 4060, 2017 Tackeuchi excavator TB260
We complain a lot when things go wrong with companies and are usually pretty quiet when things go amazing. Here's a story of how I was stunned. I needed to use the propane torch that I purchased in the 80s, a BernzOmatic TS4000. I'd wager to say that everyone reading this has one in their shop right now.

When I turned it on it started leaking propane. I figured the washers were dried up and rebuilt it. I went to their Web Site for parts and saw they have a "limited lifetime warranty", so I sent them an email. To my surprise, they actually answered the e-mail. They directed me to bring it back to where I purchased it, which was a major lumber, tools, big box store.

They said they needed a receipt. My wife is amazing at keeping receipts labeled in manila folders with names and dates, but going back to the 80s was pushing even her limits.

I texted them back and explained what they said about the receipt and waited for an answer.

Today, they said they are shipping me a replacement. WHAT? Are you serious, a company that actually stands behind its product?

Just thought you all would like to hear a good story about a company for a change, Lord knows we all complain about bad companies enough.

/ We complain a lot when things go wrong with companies - not this time. #2  
Good to hear. I have a little Bernzomatic camp stove which my parents bought back in the '60s... it still work great. My mother was cleaning house. It's compact and light, I thought it would be a good thing to carry in the truck during hunting season.

/ We complain a lot when things go wrong with companies - not this time. #4  
Makes you want to buy their products. Good news for a change.

/ We complain a lot when things go wrong with companies - not this time. #5  
Similar experience with a Wright door closer. They have a 5 year warranty. I know mine was less than five years old and the oil leaked out. No receipt. I emailed them and they sent me a new closer.

Doug in SW IA

/ We complain a lot when things go wrong with companies - not this time. #6  
Cool! Freedom Arms in Wyoming is the same. I have a derringer of theirs i bought new in the 80s. Front sight is silver-soldered on and came off. Sent it back a couple years ago and they put it back on for no charge.

/ We complain a lot when things go wrong with companies - not this time. #7  
26 Years ago, I bought two "Harbor Breeze ceiling fans and one Hunter fan... After a few years the Harbor Breeze fans rubber blade mounting disintegrated. Model was discontinued so they sent me a check for $50. I spent four times that on two of the same model HB fans. I replaced them with Hunter fans. The original Hunter fan is still going strong and quiet these 26 years.

Last month, I bought another Hunter fan to replace another old no-name fan. It was missing a piece. Hunter sent me a whole new fan.

That's why all the fans in the house are Hunter fans now. I will only buy Hunter fans.

/ We complain a lot when things go wrong with companies - not this time. #8  
Used a Reed tubing cutter for many years. The sliding adjustment pawl broke. Sent an email to order a new pawl, this is what I received, no charge:
20220723_110516.jpg
20220723_110423.jpg

/ We complain a lot when things go wrong with companies - not this time. #9  
I bought a branded pump up sprayer at TSC...after a while the wand got crushed and needed to be replaced...I went to TSC and asked the guy where the sprayer parts were...he said they don't sell parts...I was irked and let them know it...
Normally I would have left the store without buying anything and would write them off...but I had a few things in a cart that I had to have and did not want to drive a good distance to get similar items from HD etc...
While I was in line at the cashier the guy came up with a brand new sprayer and put it in my cart and told the cashier there was no charge...!
I did not have a receipt or the old sprayer with me...

/ We complain a lot when things go wrong with companies - not this time. #10  
26 Years ago, I bought two "Harbor Breeze ceiling fans and one Hunter fan... After a few years the Harbor Breeze fans rubber blade mounting disintegrated. Model was discontinued so they sent me a check for $50. I spent four times that on two of the same model HB fans. I replaced them with Hunter fans. The original Hunter fan is still going strong and quiet these 26 years.

Last month, I bought another Hunter fan to replace another old no-name fan. It was missing a piece. Hunter sent me a whole new fan.

That's why all the fans in the house are Hunter fans now. I will only buy Hunter fans.
Agree! I have Hunters too. image.jpg