Weak FEL on L4400 with Anbo grapple lifting rocks? With Pics

/ Weak FEL on L4400 with Anbo grapple lifting rocks? With Pics #1  

dex3361

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm
Worked the L4400 with Anbo grapple lifting rocks today.

I was working with the L4400 today and I was warned about the weak FEL. Here is a few pics cause I know that you all like pics. The L4400 is a great hillside tractor. I have the rear R1s set to the widest setting. In the first pic I am rooting out a rock on the hill and the second I am placing it in the creek. I am building a spillway / creek crossing. The Anbo is a fun tool to work with. If I could lift some really heavy rocks.

Attachments

• HPIM2122A.jpg
    HPIM2122A.jpg
    614.4 KB · Views: 946
  • HPIM2138A.jpg
    HPIM2138A.jpg
    588.6 KB · Views: 742
Last edited:
   / Weak FEL on L4400 with Anbo grapple lifting rocks? With Pics #2  
My FEL lifts fine on my L4400. I've loaded 1300 pound maple logs onto my trailer. I have the Farmi winch on the back as a counterbalence.

simonmeridew

/ Weak FEL on L4400 with Anbo grapple lifting rocks? With Pics
My FEL lifts fine on my L4400. I've loaded 1300 pound maple logs onto my trailer. I have the Farmi winch on the back as a counterbalence.

simonmeridew

How much do you figure this rock weighs?

Attachments

• HPIM2143a.jpg
    HPIM2143a.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 591
   / Weak FEL on L4400 with Anbo grapple lifting rocks? With Pics #4  
I would say that if you rooted that rock out of the ground and lifted it that far in front of the front Axel, you should not consider your loader weak.
Looks like you have considerable weight on the back if that chunk of steel on the BB is solid so you should not have an issue with lifting the rear end so you can use the complete capacity of the loader circuit.
Thats a lot of weight on the front Axel to be traversing uneven ground and maybe even turning the wheel while not moving.
You could play with your relieve valve if you wanted to have a spare front end ready to install.
Equipment is engineered for a reason, if you want to lift big huge rocks that weigh a ton, get a bigger or industrial line of machine. You are probably close to the reasonable limit for normal use of that unit.
I would say your 4400 did well.;)

I really am not dissatisfied with the performance of the tractor or loader with the exception of the rollback angle. I started the thread and decided the title wasnt right and I couldnt change it. I have adjusted the pressure relief valve but i keot it at spec. I agree that the design is right for the machine. I have about 500# of weight in the box on the back. Here is the limit of the rock size I can handle. Its not really weak but thats whats always said.

Attachments

• HPIM2136a.jpg
    HPIM2136a.jpg
    997.2 KB · Views: 553
   / Weak FEL on L4400 with Anbo grapple lifting rocks? With Pics #6  
Great pics!!!

/ Weak FEL on L4400 with Anbo grapple lifting rocks? With Pics #7  
"I really am not dissatisfied with the performance of the tractor or loader "
Sorry Dex3361, I thought you were expecting it to lift more and were disappointed that it couldn't :ashamed:

I would almost call this thread
"L4400 loader weak? Don't think so!"
LOL
Great pics and you can obviously handle your machine if you are successfully moving rocks that size without bending up things.:thumbsup:
Thats impressive.... I don't think mine would lift that last one.:drool:

Great pics!!!

Thanks Brady, I guess you can see I am putting the Anbo grapple to good use. I was about to go stir crazy waiting for the ground to dry up enough to do any work. it has either been snowing or raining since November. I appreciate the deal you gave me on the grapple. Good to hear from you.

"I really am not dissatisfied with the performance of the tractor or loader "
Sorry Dex3361, I thought you were expecting it to lift more and were disappointed that it couldn't :ashamed:

I would almost call this thread
"L4400 loader weak? Don't think so!"
LOL
Great pics and you can obviously handle your machine if you are successfully moving rocks that size without bending up things.:thumbsup:
Thats impressive.... I don't think mine would lift that last one.:drool:

No problem. Well as usual I click before I think. The title of the thread was my pitiful attempt at sarcasm. I like the L4400 it suits my needs which is working on the hills. I ordered it with HST and it is so much safer for operating on the hills and I hardley ever touch the brakes.

/ Weak FEL on L4400 with Anbo grapple lifting rocks? With Pics #10  
Nice pictures Randall. Thanks for sharing. What model Anbo grapple do you have? How much does it weigh? Did you pick it up new or used?
Take care,

Jim