Weber Hickory smoke flavored salt

/ Weber Hickory smoke flavored salt #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
Any one tried it?

weber hickory salt.png

I just recently heard about it and bought some. Tried it on some smoked baby backs, and the flavor is great! It is salt, of course, and a little goes a long ways, but I plan on experimenting with it, maybe get a salt grinder so I can use it the you would use regular salt. I understand there is a Mesquite flavored salt out there also.

Any testimonials?

/ Weber Hickory smoke flavored salt #3  
I have some different kinds of smoked salt.

I found it best as a finishing touch, where you would like to add a hint of smokey flavor.

/ Weber Hickory smoke flavored salt #4  
I give J&D's Bacon Salt multi-packs as Christmas presents. Bacon Salt & Bacon Rub | J&Dç—´ | United States.

That said I don't add salt, just prefer foods that come salty to begin with. Got Dot's Pretzel twists? :licking:

To add smoky flavor I use a 'liquid smoke' product with my barbecued/baked beans & other specialties.

/ Weber Hickory smoke flavored salt #5  
Any one tried it?

View attachment 684113

I just recently heard about it and bought some. Tried it on some smoked baby backs, and the flavor is great! It is salt, of course, and a little goes a long ways, but I plan on experimenting with it, maybe get a salt grinder so I can use it the you would use regular salt. I understand there is a Mesquite flavored salt out there also.

Any testimonials?

I like the Weber seasonings. Haven't made a burger in a long time without using their "Gourmet Hamburger Seasoning".

/ Weber Hickory smoke flavored salt
I'll have to try that. I use Montreal seasoning on my steak...not too much; I like the taste of the steak too much to cover it up with seasoning. Being a purist, I used to not season my steak while cooking, just a little salt and pepper at the table.

/ Weber Hickory smoke flavored salt #7  
I'll have to try that. I use Montreal seasoning on my steak...not too much; I like the taste of the steak too much to cover it up with seasoning. Being a purist, I used to not season my steak while cooking, just a little salt and pepper at the table.

I agree, a little Montreal seasoning is really good on a steak. It can definitely be overdone.

/ Weber Hickory smoke flavored salt #8  

I didn't think of myself purist until my father in law dumped ketchup on a perfectly grilled prime rib stake. I've never grilled anything but chicken for them when they visit now.

/ Weber Hickory smoke flavored salt
I didn't think of myself purist until my father in law dumped ketchup on a perfectly grilled prime rib stake. I've never grilled anything but chicken for them when they visit now.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: My FIL did the same thing! First he wanted it well done, if that wasn't enough, he poured the catsup on it. Last steak I ever cooked for him...but in all fairness, everyone from his generation I ever knew...including my own Dad...wanted their meat well done...pork especially.

/ Weber Hickory smoke flavored salt #10  
:laughing::laughing::laughing: My FIL did the same thing! First he wanted it well done, if that wasn't enough, he poured the catsup on it. Last steak I ever cooked for him...but in all fairness, everyone from his generation I ever knew...including my own Dad...wanted their meat well done...pork especially.

That's for sure 2Lane, I believe back in the depression who knew how old the meat was and they ate a lot critters (I know I have) just to feed themselves.