Weld Repair on my LS Tractor Bucket

/ Weld Repair on my LS Tractor Bucket #1  

goddom

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS G3038H
I was starting to get some cracks in the bucket just above the reinforcement on the sides above the blade. So I ground them down and chased them with weld then I used my plasma cutter to make some more reinforcements for the side of the bucket and welded them on. You can see what I did in the video below. For some reason my initial welds were pretty terrible, but when I welded on the reinforcements I got into my stride and I am pretty happy with them.

How To - Tractor Bucket Repair - YouTube

/ Weld Repair on my LS Tractor Bucket #2  
Looks good . Maybe look into a tooth bar , helps save the bucket and allows much easier digging.

/ Weld Repair on my LS Tractor Bucket
Looks good . Maybe look into a tooth bar , helps save the bucket and allows much easier digging.

Thanks for the suggestion! I think I will!

/ Weld Repair on my LS Tractor Bucket #4  
Good repair, I better go out and take a look at my bucket (same as yours)!

/ Weld Repair on my LS Tractor Bucket
Good repair, I better go out and take a look at my bucket (same as yours)!

Let me know what you find! I would be curious to see if its just me being hard on it! I have moved a lot of gravel with mine and when plowing a couple of my neighbors driveways have an uneven section and I have hit it pretty hard with the bucket - so I am sure that didn't help anything.

/ Weld Repair on my LS Tractor Bucket #6  
Let me know what you find! I would be curious to see if its just me being hard on it! I have moved a lot of gravel with mine and when plowing a couple of my neighbors driveways have an uneven section and I have hit it pretty hard with the bucket - so I am sure that didn't help anything.
Buckets get abused and need periodic maintenance or rebuilding if you use them a lot. Nothing out of the ordinary there, don't worry. You're doing fine just fixing it before it peels open like a sardine can. Or grinding giant void spaces.

/ Weld Repair on my LS Tractor Bucket #7  
I do a lot of back dragging with my bucket on a 1/4 mile gravel drive. Added some 1/8" plate under the bucket, and it has protected it very well.

You're right...they do get abused, especially by me !