Well, I think I found my tractor

/ Well, I think I found my tractor #1  

s1120

Veteran Member
Tractor
87 Ingersoll 444, 84 Ingersoll224/'44 GreavlyL/60'sGreavlyL/49 Ford 8N
Is she perfict? Nope. Does it need a little work? Yup. But all in all, she is not in that bad shape. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Its an early Ford 8N. Its got a snow plow on it, with hydro lift, and tilt.[add on crank driven hydro system] It has the Sherman combnation trans in it,and good rear tires,[with chains]

What it needs are some TLC, a tune up, some front tires,[ones on it are OK, but they are old truck tires, they will pack right up in my mud] a battery, and some cleanup. Oh and a brush hog /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Best thing is, the price is WAY to good to pass up!

Heres a picture.... 8N

Here are my plans...
Get a brush cutter, with an overrunning clutch. [looking for a 4', but if a CHEAP 5' comes my way, I may jump]

New front tires

tune up

Maby turn the plow frame into some kind of bucket. not to load things, just move stuff around.

Maby a little repaint down the road to make it look a little nicer.

And last...... Buy, and use 3PH attachments. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Something I have been waiting for.

/ Well, I think I found my tractor #2  
Looks pretty good, Enjoy fixing it up and using it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Well, I think I found my tractor #3  
Hi Paul,

Great news....! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So... does your beautiful little girl get your Ingersol-Case...? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(better watch out... the wife will want one of those... Now... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

/ Well, I think I found my tractor #4  
All right, Paul!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif You'll be happy with it!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gifI have one suggestion, though. Get a 5 foot brush hog. Your tractor has 5 foot wide wheels. A four foot brush hog will be narrower than the wheels, and the wheels will press down the brush beofre you cut it, making it a little harder to cut.

/ Well, I think I found my tractor
<font color="red"> So... does your beautiful little girl get your Ingersol-Case...? </font>

Come on, all the fathers out there know the story. They get everything they want. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Rich. My only thought was that I have some real heavy brush, and the smaller cutter would be a litte easyer on the tractor. I could be wrong though.

Wile I'm on the subject though. It seems like most used cutters are going for around $500. Now TSC has the king Kutter brand for around $600. Are the King Kutters any good?

/ Well, I think I found my tractor #7  
<font color="blue">...Are the King Kutters any good?... </font>

Paul... I know you've got to be pulling our leg...? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What is a KingKutter? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Well, I think I found my tractor #8  
Hey Paul,

Another thought... (dangerous.../forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

Why don't ya buy Richie's 5' brush hog, so he can upgrade his tractor and buy a 6 or 7' hog for his Oliver or new upgrade tractor... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

<font color="red"> Why don't ya buy Richie's 5' brush hog, so he can upgrade his tractor and buy a 6 or 7' hog for his Oliver or new upgrade tractor...
</font>

Oh ya, good idea. He must be loaded with all the remodeling he's doing on his house. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif [sorry Rich. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif]

/ Well, I think I found my tractor #10  
Paul, your Fordie is practically the same is my Fergie. I use a King Kutter 5 foot cutter to maintain over 50 acres. I've used it on incredibly heavy brush and over 2 inch saplings. Your Ford can handle the 5 footer easily.

And I think King Kutters are excellent brush hogs. I abuse mine severely, and I've never had any trouble with it for almost three years. I'd get another King Kutter in a heartbeat!!!