Well pressure Switch question

/ Well pressure Switch question #51  
My God Valveman, as much as I appreciate the advice, why does asking for advice then become a pissing match to see who knows better at tBN often. You saw 3 ft of my plumbing system and assumed I and my eventual plumber were not taking into account my pressure vessel capabilities, the new well pump , the new pressure switch and new clean nipples , and you assume to know what is 2 ft out of sight over by my sophisticated Laars high efficiency boiler heating system and on demand hot water, installed 8 yrs ago with pressure relief and pressure reducing valves from what I can see. ( but my plumber would know and understand) ......so thanks for your thousand pressure tank installs and I appreciate your attempt to warn me, but there is no need to take a holier than thou attitude now.
This one of those times when I wonder why I care and even try to help. I felt bad that my use of the word "boiler drain" made you think I was talking about a boiler. So, I wanted to reiterate how important it is to have a pressure relief valve on a regular water pressure tank. You are the one taking the "holier than thou" attitude. You spent all that money on your "sophisticated Laars high efficiency heating and on demand water heater", and want to believe it is superior. It maybe fantastic but it would still be rare for any plumber to know anything about a well pump system. As was said the pressure relief on a boiler or water heater is set at 150 PSI and will not protect your pump, pressure tank, and water supply system. I don't even need to see 2' of your plumbing system as the scenario you describe would not have happened if you had a proper pressure relief set at 75 PSI. It is obvious your plumber does not "know and understand". But rest assured I will no longer try to help you! Please don't install a 10 dollar pressure relief valve now as I will be waiting for your next thread asking what happened to cause your tank to rupture or the pump to melt down. But what do I know? Have a nice day!

/ Well pressure Switch question
Thats funny, you decided my rural plumber last week does not know about wells, you decided the other plumbers that installed my Laars Combi boiler 8 yrs ago didnt understand they were installing in a well pump serviced house, and you decided my Well pump installer two years ago didn't know what he was doing to protect the well pump he warrantied. ......nope you don't even need to see my plumbing to diss all those folks.....but thanks anyway for everyone elses calm input.

/ Well pressure Switch question #53  
Thats funny, you decided my rural plumber last week does not know about wells, you decided the other plumbers that installed my Laars Combi boiler 8 yrs ago didnt understand they were installing in a well pump serviced house, and you decided my Well pump installer two years ago didn't know what he was doing to protect the well pump he warrantied. ......nope you don't even need to see my plumbing to diss all those folks.....but thanks anyway for everyone elses calm input.
Yep! I can tell all of that by looking at that one little picture. I said I wasn't going to help you anymore so this is for the benefit of anyone else reading this thread. When you live on a well, everything you do is dependent on a dependable supply of well water. You can purchase the fanciest and most expensive boiler/heater and tankliess water heater there is, but if your well system is inadequate none of those things will work as they should, or at least not as well as they should. An instant water heater and everything else in a house works better with constant pressure from your well pump system. Getting the right constant pressure system can also make your pump much more dependable and last many times longer than normal.

There is no need to spend all that money updating the other systems if your well pump still just has a little 20-30 gallon pressure tank and a pressure switch. If your pump guy had to warranty the last pump he put in, he may not know as much about what he is doing as he or you think. If he puts a check valve at the tank but not a pressure relief valve, that is a sign he needs much more tutoring. I wouldn't hold it against my plumber that he didn't notice my inadequate pump system, or that there was a check valve were there shouldn't be and no pressure relief valve where there should be. Just like getting the right constant pressure system, pump guys should know these things, but it surprises me how many do not.

Ok SUPER WELL PLUMBER.....you obviously need the last word on your discussions , no one in Canada or USA knows as much as you. I and my various plumbers bow to your arrogance. Cheers !

/ Well pressure Switch question #55  
Ok SUPER WELL PLUMBER.....you obviously need the last word on your discussions , no one in Canada or USA knows as much as you. I and my various plumbers bow to your arrogance. Cheers !
You should say experience not arrogance.
I know who Valveman is, know about his company and have experience with his Cycle Stop Valve: https://cyclestopvalves.com/

You should say experience not arrogance.
I know who Valveman is, know about his company and have experience with his Cycle Stop Valve:
I don't doubt that he is good at what he does , but his arrogance overwhelms his communications. Of note My house is 28 yrs old, and I bought it 14 yrs ago , the previous well pump lasted 26 yrs, and I proactively had it replaced 2 yrs ago , before it wore out. The Laars combi boiler has worked flawlessly for 8 yrs, it replaced a wood boiler .....it took 26 yrs for the minerals in my well water to constrict my pressure switch piping and pressure gauge nipple. So I am pretty sure I will die of old age before the pipes are constricted again. Eventually when the bladder in the well pressure tank starts leaking I will have a plumber back in and he can add another port on the feed tee and put a pressure relief valve if he sees need.

Last edited: