Went to Barlows yesterday just to research

/ Went to Barlows yesterday just to research #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
Have a charge contract being paid off this month (One more payment) with Kubota for a small Z I bought 4 years ago. That has me down to only owing for two Kubotas............ well until yesterday.:D:laughing::D

/ Went to Barlows yesterday just to research #2  
What did you get? Got my MX from them, crazy good deal compared to what any other dealer within 200 miles of me was willing to offer.

/ Went to Barlows yesterday just to research #4  
Don't read JT's treads or you might catch the same virus.:laughing:

/ Went to Barlows yesterday just to research #5  
I should have known. Yesterday I was thinking it's about time for an oil change. For JT, that means it's time for another tractor.

/ Went to Barlows yesterday just to research #6  
Was in Somerset today had to talk myself out of going out to Barlows. Too tempting and Steve is always willing to sell ya one.
Thats where both Kubotas Ive had came from.
So what came of the research.

/ Went to Barlows yesterday just to research
RTV500. My Grandson bought 2 electric mini bikes last Christmas and wiring issues so basically junking two of them since they keep blowing fuses both for $100 to get them out of my garage. Sell for around $400 each. Anyway he will be 14 in Dec and has decided he wants a trail bike. He has a gene for speed and reckless driving like me so I won't help with mini bike so I moved on to 4 wheeler but so many injuries on them around here and he would drive it reckless and as fast as possible so I moved on to something with a roll bar, seat belts and not to fast. He's been driving the RTV1140 since he was 6 when I got it but it's about the size of a truck and really slow but powered to work. He wants fun and I want safe as possible for as long as possible and I can sort of control it here. He loves going up the mountain and exploring the woods. I've got several miles of old logging roads on it so he has plenty of area to roam. A lot of the road is graveled since it went to the tower that has been removed and I now have a prefab 12'x40' cabin and a 5th wheel camper located for him to claim and utilize.
Bottom line is the RTV500 seemed to be the safest larger than trail bike and 4 wheeler but smaller than the RTV1140 and he will one day move into my Toyota Tacoma which I promised him back when I bought it and be on the highways with no time for Papaw. Also he has a twin sister and 6 year old brother who love driving, not as much as him, and they to will get to use it with my wife or me with them. As I've said before, it's only money and to save it for them as cash after I die doesn't make as much sense as spending it now while I can enjoy it with them. I know two RTVs seem excessive spending but just the way it has worked out and I did or am paying off one of my other Kubotas this month.
:D:cool2:
Steve Barlow does have a way of going along with a customer that wants to buy.:D:laughing:

/ Went to Barlows yesterday just to research #8  
RTV500. My Grandson bought 2 electric mini bikes last Christmas and wiring issues so basically junking two of them since they keep blowing fuses both for $100 to get them out of my garage. Sell for around $400 each. Anyway he will be 14 in Dec and has decided he wants a trail bike. He has a gene for speed and reckless driving like me so I won't help with mini bike so I moved on to 4 wheeler but so many injuries on them around here and he would drive it reckless and as fast as possible so I moved on to something with a roll bar, seat belts and not to fast. He's been driving the RTV1140 since he was 6 when I got it but it's about the size of a truck and really slow but powered to work. He wants fun and I want safe as possible for as long as possible and I can sort of control it here. He loves going up the mountain and exploring the woods. I've got several miles of old logging roads on it so he has plenty of area to roam. A lot of the road is graveled since it went to the tower that has been removed and I now have a prefab 12'x40' cabin and a 5th wheel camper located for him to claim and utilize.
Bottom line is the RTV500 seemed to be the safest larger than trail bike and 4 wheeler but smaller than the RTV1140 and he will one day move into my Toyota Tacoma which I promised him back when I bought it and be on the highways with no time for Papaw. Also he has a twin sister and 6 year old brother who love driving, not as much as him, and they to will get to use it with my wife or me with them. As I've said before, it's only money and to save it for them as cash after I die doesn't make as much sense as spending it now while I can enjoy it with them. I know two RTVs seem excessive spending but just the way it has worked out and I did or am paying off one of my other Kubotas this month.
:D:cool2:
Steve Barlow does have a way of going along with a customer that wants to buy.:D:laughing:

Spending time with family is priceless and to be cherished. Agree, it is money well spent, or invested.

/ Went to Barlows yesterday just to research #9  
Thanks JT. Trying to push some of us, too? I was just thinking the BX2670 hit 150 hours, and maybe it's time to get it washed... well, maybe the dealer could wash it for their lot... while I drive off with a new 80-Series.
Then, I realized I really need something for snow coming soon, so I found a rear blade and bought it.
I tried to do a deal and get an 80-Series with the front blade and rear bagger, but my dealer just isn't interested. Three calls. No return call, so I figure my 70-Series has higher loader capacity and is just fine. I'll save my money until the B's get the BX features.

/ Went to Barlows yesterday just to research
Thanks JT. Trying to push some of us, too? I was just thinking the BX2670 hit 150 hours, and maybe it's time to get it washed... well, maybe the dealer could wash it for their lot... while I drive off with a new 80-Series.
Then, I realized I really need something for snow coming soon, so I found a rear blade and bought it.
I tried to do a deal and get an 80-Series with the front blade and rear bagger, but my dealer just isn't interested. Three calls. No return call, so I figure my 70-Series has higher loader capacity and is just fine. I'll save my money until the B's get the BX features.

:):thumbsup::thumbsup: It doesn't matter that you get or don't get exactly what you start out thinking you want as long as you come back with something to hold you over till the next shopping venture. :cool2::drink: