What attachments should you use on a tractor to clear land.

/ What attachments should you use on a tractor to clear land. #1  

Reddogs

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 790 / Kubota L3301
I have looked at what the salesmen say will 'clear land' with a 30-40 hp tractor, but usually it seems to fall short of cutting heavy vegetation and large brush, to say nothing of trees. What can be used especially in the front of midsized tractor to knock down, mulch or grind to clear land.

/ What attachments should you use on a tractor to clear land. #4  
Nothing on the front of a midsize tractor will do what you're talking about. There are some 3PT mulchers but I think they're basically rated for the same thing an equivalent brush hog would be but also engage the ground.

Actually clearing land is not a tractor task.

/ What attachments should you use on a tractor to clear land. #5  
And lets talk about size - What is a midsized tractor? 50HP?

/ What attachments should you use on a tractor to clear land.
This question is best asked with some accompanying pictures. Are you clearing 2' diameter trees or blackberries?
Whatever the fires left behind..

Attachments

• Naples Fire.jpg
    Naples Fire.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 251
   / What attachments should you use on a tractor to clear land.
A bulldozer.
/edit
or a chainsaw and a crew
If your wanting to use your L3301 to clear large brush and trees you need another machine.
Well, the 'boss' gave me a 'budget', so got to work with what I am given, but she did agree for a attachment(s) to clear out the different acreage and lots we have to deal with.

/ What attachments should you use on a tractor to clear land. #8  
Wicked Toothbar is a very reasonable addition to greatly strengthen and increase your bucket's ability to push over and rip up rubbish. I'll provide some visual feedback from customers!
Travis

WickedGOs.jpg

Ahlemann2.JPG

CLEARINGAhlemann.JPG

CLEARINGAhlemann2s.jpg

cliffscales.JPG

/ What attachments should you use on a tractor to clear land. #9  
A 3 pt BH was handy for me in my experience, Maybe A grapple upfront, 3 pt chipper, a good 5' rotary cutter, (no experience with flails), good set of work gloves, and lots of hard work on and off the tractor in my experience. Might want to either build or buy a brush guard for the front of your tractor.

/ What attachments should you use on a tractor to clear land. #10  
I have looked at what the salesmen say will 'clear land' with a 30-40 hp tractor, but usually it seems to fall short of cutting heavy vegetation and large brush, to say nothing of trees. What can be used especially in the front of midsized tractor to knock down, mulch or grind to clear land.
You keep asking the same question in different forms. There is no magic way to clear the land. Your tractor has it's limits. Use it within it's limitations and you can get a lot of the clearing done. However it means you get off the tractor and cut down and remove what you can. It is going to be a lot of work. If you do not have the time or energy then you must pay someone else to bring in big machines to do it quickly.

Your L3301 is not designed to run a mulcher nor is it a bull dozer. About the best you can do with it is to cut down the trees and brushes, then stack the materials and burn it. If you are not allowed to burn then you must haul it to the dump. You can purchase a stump grinder for it's designed purpose. However if I remember right you have a gear drive tractor which will not hold up to the small and slow movements needed to operate the grinder. The HST would have allowed you to do this task.

This is a tool that might work if you had a HST. It would still be slow but it will cut down a lot of brush.

It will remain an on going project to keep the plant life in Florida at bay. Your L3301 will be OK at running a bush hog to keep the plant life under control.

If your goal is to keep the brush away from your house you might look into buying or renting goats. They will require a bit of good fencing but they will quickly remove the undergrowth with in the trees of your property.

As I see it you must pick a goal and look at the options.

1) Invest a lot of time and energy to cut and haul away or burn your plant life with chainsaws and a grapple, then work on the stumps.
2) Sell the L3301 and buy a machine to do the work. A forestry muncher is a whole lot of money.
3) Rent the machines to do the work if you have the skills to run the machines.
4) Pay a contractor to do the work.
5) Build some fence and let the goats do the work for you. It will not get rid of the trees but it will remove the fuel for the fires.

JMHO

Last edited: