What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #291  
I moved some chips with the 4540 to a trail I started working on last year, I moved 5-6 loads today. 101_1494.JPG101_1495.JPG101_1496.JPG101_1497.JPG101_1498.JPG

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #292  
Did some clean up work back by the cabin. Need to get back there more. Used my box blade on the path and to move some dead branches.

IMG_20180603_175116.jpgIMG_20180603_175017.jpg

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?
Friday I helped a neighbor spread about 100 tons of 2A on his driveway.

Took about 4 hours. Got paid a sandwich, which is fine, I did it to be nice, more than anything else.

My replacement pole barn got built Wed-Thur. Replaced a 24x40x10 with a 30x50x12. SO MUCH more space.

The building has two 10x10 garage doors. I did this, so I could put my tractor in one slot and my excavator in the other slot. With a little finesse, I can put both in one slot, leaving me a lot more room than I thought I would have. Very excited to start filling this building up.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #294  
What were your costs on the 30x50x12? I'm currently starting to plan a building that size.

What were your costs on the 30x50x12? I'm currently starting to plan a building that size.

I used Pioneer Pole Buildings, as they built my previous building and I was quite happy.

I chose one of their "stock" buildings, so the price was lower.
Building Specials | Pioneer Pole Buildings

I added an extra 10x10 door, so the building price was ~17,000.

I did my own excavation and leveling.

Used two loads of stone @~$400 per load.

Concrete will be another $5,000

So about $23K all in.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #296  
IMG_7508.JPEGIMG_2721.JPG

JUst a little tractor time up at the farm .The weather for once was perfect.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #297  
It was used to rear down a deck this morning. This afternoon I'll move some pea gravel from where the deck used to be and spread it somewhere else. Tomorrow or the next day I'll dig some foundation trenches. After that, back into hibernation.

Moved a bunch of brush.

When I put my grapple on, I had no function and it was dead heading. Tried a whole bunch of troubleshooting, to no avail.

I thought it might be the third function valve causing the problem, so I decided to disconnect the hoses from it, and connect them to the regular valve body, just to see if my assumption was correct.

When I went to disconnect from the third function, the hose just fell off. I guess I must have caught it just right and the quick disconnect had disconnected. Popped it in, and all good.

Lost a solid 30 minutes, so didn't get to finish the job, but that is what weekends are for!

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #299  
Just finished up about 3.5 hours of seat time, by aerating/plugging about 2 acres where the ground was either hard pan, or was previously washed out and I filled it in last week. Then I put down 100# of pasture grass seed and then used a spike tooth (turned upside down) to cover the seed with about 1/4" if soil.

Next week I've got a guy coming with a grain drill, that will reseed the same areas with bermuda, and hopefully that will take care of my bare areas.

Still have to dig a drainage ditch on one of the property lines, and scrape up a bunch of silt that came down from adjacent property owners after the 3 weeks of rain we've had. If the rain stays away, that's the weekend project.

And I got the use my home-made diesel filling station for the first time today. Works great, and no more heavy lifting of 5 gallon diesel cans. Pretty simple (has to be for me ;) ). Just a 250 gallon plastic "tote" enclosed with an aluminum cage, and a 12v elec fuel pump. Installed a 12v power port in the rear of the tractor, so I plug the fuel pump into that, hit the toggle switch, and fill-'er-up.

Next major project, after the ditch is my 500 hour service.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #300  
I used the backhoe to dig up some concrete footing. I was surprised the FEL could pick the big one up. It must have been about a half a yard of concrete in that thing. I spent the rest of the day trying to level the site a bit before the new deck goes up and building up the edge before the big slope off for a little more flat working room and space to put up a scaffold. It's right on the edge of a steep slope. Besides it gave me a little more wiggle room to move the tractor for digging the foundation trenches. I don't much cotton to that tippy stuff.