What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #301  
I was hoping that I could get two stumps pulled today but it was only one. Picture 1509 is when I started (11:34 a.m.) and the rest are when I finished at 5:59 p.m.

The garage will be going in the area I'm digging in so I'll need to screen our sand, anyone have any ideas on what way would be the best to build a simple sand screen so any roots won't be going back in.

Attachments

• 101_1509.JPG
    101_1509.JPG
    559.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 101_1510.JPG
    101_1510.JPG
    597.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 101_1511.JPG
    101_1511.JPG
    567.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 101_1512.JPG
    101_1512.JPG
    579.1 KB · Views: 103
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #302  
I was hoping that I could get two stumps pulled today but it was only one. Picture 1509 is when I started (11:34 a.m.) and the rest are when I finished at 5:59 p.m.

The garage will be going in the area I'm digging in so I'll need to screen our sand, anyone have any ideas on what way would be the best to build a simple sand screen so any roots won't be going back in.

Got to love the power of these little "Indian's".

I prefer to push the whole tree down before separating the stump, that way the weight of the tree helps pull out the stump.

Attachments

• 5418~2.jpeg
    5418~2.jpeg
    246.7 KB · Views: 101
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #303  
The rain held off, so I dug the drainage ditch I wanted, and scraped up the topsoil that had eroded onto my property.

Pics don't do it justice, but I bet there is at least 5 tri-axle loads of topsoil in these three piles. The pile next to the tractor is actually higher than the tractor and about 16' diameter. The 2nd pile is as big as the first, and the 3rd pile is about 2/3 the size of the other two. Could have probably gotten even more, but decided to call it a day on these 3.

Also took part of the topsoil and built a 1' high berm next to the drainage ditch that's about 200' long. (before I started building the piles)

Fun day.

Attachments

• Pile & Tractor.JPG
    Pile & Tractor.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Piles.JPG
    Piles.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 92
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #304  
I pulled the stump out of the hole today and then put the pallet forks on to move it to the stump pile. I did dig three smaller stumps but the batteries were dead.

The three smaller stumps I took out today opened up an area so I can dig a bigger stump out tomorrow depending on the weather.

The first picture is after I pulled the stump out, the second is moving it with the pallet forks and the third is the area we'll put the stumps before we them to another area.
101_1514.JPG101_1515.JPG101_1516.JPG

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #305  
Played with the grandsons!

workingtogether.jpg

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #306  
Today I removed another stump from the area the garage will be built. Picture 1517 is the stump I removed with the Mahindra 4540 and once it was loose I used some straps to pull it out before moving it with the pallet forks.

I do use a mattock and a chainsaw with a sharp but not a lot of life left in it chain so I can cut the bigger roots close to the stump so I can remove more dirt so it's easier to tip over.

Attachments

• 101_1517.JPG
    101_1517.JPG
    574.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 101_1518.JPG
    101_1518.JPG
    584.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 101_1519.JPG
    101_1519.JPG
    583.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 101_1520.JPG
    101_1520.JPG
    605.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 101_1521.JPG
    101_1521.JPG
    555.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 101_1523.JPG
    101_1523.JPG
    585.4 KB · Views: 90
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #307  
I dug out 5 eight to ten inch sugar maple stumps with my 5035. Put the forks on and hauled same to the back of my property to add to my stump piles. Put the bucket back on and leveled it out pretty good. Then fired up the little 1526 to drag it flat. It is real dry up here in Northern Michigan, and the sand/gravel falls off the stumps pretty easy. [ I make a point of lifting up and flip'n all my stumps that I can get into the air. Tilt the forks down and as it starts to slide off..curling the forks up at the right point. Kind of a hobby... besides removing dirt from them. Besides, the neighbors can watch the next door idiot abusing his tractor and the stumps] And the dry sand levels the new path fairly fast, too. No pictures, still have more to do. Put in about 100' of new straightened trail on the ridge going back to my pistol range. Have a lot of beech branches in that area I have to pick up and haul out from the big beech trees that fell last winter. Kind of a slow process with all the skeeters in the morning and the heat in the afternoon. So only work on it when I AM REAL BORED....

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?
I went to move the tractor and the Check Engine Light was flashing and the motor was surging up and down.

Turned her off and checked around, really low on oil.

NBD.

Filled her up with oil and the CEL and surging remained.

Tried several tricks, none of which did anything.

Finally got her started and running smoothly, but CEL still on and no power.

Time to get OBD tool and see what is up.

Anyone KNOW where the port is on the 2538 Cab? I know it is supposed ot be left side and loose, but before I go digging, any help would be appreciated.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #309  
I went to move the tractor and the Check Engine Light was flashing and the motor was surging up and down.

Turned her off and checked around, really low on oil.

NBD.

Filled her up with oil and the CEL and surging remained.

Tried several tricks, none of which did anything.

Finally got her started and running smoothly, but CEL still on and no power.

Time to get OBD tool and see what is up.

Anyone KNOW where the port is on the 2538 Cab? I know it is supposed ot be left side and loose, but before I go digging, any help would be appreciated.

Since they have the same engine I suspect the same place as mine, about half way down the engine wire loom on the left side. Just dangling loose by a few wires. A very poor practice when it would be so easy to mount the connector properly somewhere.
Don't expect to make much of the code but you can reset the CEL.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #310  
Used the Max28 to carry two pallets of shavings (26 bags per pallet, 3.5 Ft^3 ea., @ +700 Lbs) into the horse barn off PU truck. Tractor's power steering struggled with the load way out there on the FEL using bolt on bucket fork.