What do I need to make a tank sprayer into a pasture sprayer

/ What do I need to make a tank sprayer into a pasture sprayer #11  
Here is my pump and plumbing IMG_0127.JPGIMG_0126.JPGIMG_0131.JPGIMG_0137.JPG

/ What do I need to make a tank sprayer into a pasture sprayer #12  
You are going to need a bigger tank and definitely a higher flow pump for that or it will take forever. The sprayer I use on my ATV has a 1.5 gpm pump and there is no way it could push enough to support a 10 to 15 foot fan.

Wrong, I have a 50gal drum plumbed with a an old 1.5gal min pump. It covers 15'. You don't have to put out the gallons per acre that larger units do. Its pretty simple to gauge your distance on a thru. especially if you spray with a little dew on the ground which is the best method .

/ What do I need to make a tank sprayer into a pasture sprayer #14  
Wrong, I have a 50gal drum plumbed with a an old 1.5gal min pump. It covers 15'. You don't have to put out the gallons per acre that larger units do. Its pretty simple to gauge your distance on a thru. especially if you spray with a little dew on the ground which is the best method .

You lost me here. The amount of chemical applied per acre doesn’t differ due to size of equipment. 20 gallons per acre is the same regardless. You can accomplish that with your set up but will be going pretty slow. I cover an acre in approx 6 minutes with a 20’ boom and nozzles that apply .4 gpm. I have .2-.4-.6 tips depending on speed I can travel. If I can average around 7-9 mph I’m right on the money and spraying 10 acres which is two tanks for me I’ll be at 10-10.1 acres applied before I run out

Brett

/ What do I need to make a tank sprayer into a pasture sprayer #15  
Originally Posted by Tennsawdust View Post
You are going to need a bigger tank and definitely a higher flow pump for that or it will take forever. The sprayer I use on my ATV has a 1.5 gpm pump and there is no way it could push enough to support a 10 to 15 foot fan.

You lost me here. The amount of chemical applied per acre doesn’t differ due to size of equipment. 20 gallons per acre is the same regardless. You can accomplish that with your set up but will be going pretty slow. I cover an acre in approx 6 minutes with a 20’ boom and nozzles that apply .4 gpm. I have .2-.4-.6 tips depending on speed I can travel. If I can average around 7-9 mph I’m right on the money and spraying 10 acres which is two tanks for me I’ll be at 10-10.1 acres applied before I run out

Brett

i was referring to using the smaller pump and not having to put out as much water therefore the 1.5 gal pump is sufficient. when spraying my pastures or fields i use my 30' boom and according to what Chemical i am spraying its will be anywhere from 10 to 20 gals per acres