What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood?

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #51  
Thats a darn good job fixing that hood, I too like the way the rivets looks, you improved the looks, rivets are spaced out nice. To bad about the grill, must of been designed for a tractor with no FEL, nothing that a bed cant fix, sometime's my best ideas come at night while sleeping.

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood?
Thats a darn good job fixing that hood, I too like the way the rivets looks, you improved the looks, rivets are spaced out nice. To bad about the grill, must of been designed for a tractor with no FEL, nothing that a bed cant fix, sometime's my best ideas come at night while sleeping.
Lol, I thought I was the only one. I can't tell you how often walking away from something for a couple of days has yielded a brilliant idea! :)

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #54  

LOL, lost many hours planning and plotting as I should be dozing off, but solved many problems that way.
The trick is remembering your solution the next morning.

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #55  
Question how well did your repairs hold up?

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #57  
Today's progress. The JB Weld seems to bond well, it's an epoxy. We'll see how it holds up, the rivets will help, I think. Belt and suspenders.View attachment 507166View attachment 507167View attachment 507168
Looks like a nice job. I'm trying to avoid the rivets.

The hood on one of my CaseIH JX series tractors separated / broke along the seam right near the cab. So far the panel has not come off and the break is about 10" long. Closing the hood one day and then it happened.

Did you ever figure out what this is made of?
Has the repair held up since 2017?

My initial plan has been to take it off, clean it good with water then acetone and glue it with JB Weld, Gorilla two part or some 3M body panel glue.

Any helpful suggestions appreciated from anyone with experience in this.

Hope you have gotten a grill guard. I had no idea these hoods would just completely fall apart. A new one from Messick's is $1700 plus freight.

Looks like a nice job. I'm trying to avoid the rivets.

The hood on one of my CaseIH JX series tractors separated / broke along the seam right near the cab. So far the panel has not come off and the break is about 10" long. Closing the hood one day and then it happened.

Did you ever figure out what this is made of?
Has the repair held up since 2017?

My initial plan has been to take it off, clean it good with water then acetone and glue it with JB Weld, Gorilla two part or some 3M body panel glue.

Any helpful suggestions appreciated from anyone with experience in this.

Hope you have gotten a grill guard. I had no idea these hoods would just completely fall apart. A new one from Messick's is $1700 plus freight.
It didn't hold up for long and I'm not sure what kind of plastic it is. Mine came apart again and now I've only got one side and the top on the tractor. It rarely gets used anymore and mostly by employees so I haven't messed with it again, I use the skid steer most of the time now.

Good luck, I hope.ypir solution works out better than mine did.

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #59  
There should be a material marking on these parts that identifies the plastic it was made from.