What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,101  
For those of you with older GCs -- I thought I had an engine knock (!) but it turned out to be the hood, vibrating left & right at idle. The OEM foam anti-rattle strips had just worn off over the years, so I added two strips of P-Strip insulation stuff. No more knock!

DSC00274.JPG
DSC00275.JPG

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,102  
For those of you with older GCs -- I thought I had an engine knock (!) but it turned out to be the hood, vibrating left & right at idle. The OEM foam anti-rattle strips had just worn off over the years, so I added two strips of P-Strip insulation stuff. No more knock!

View attachment 718527View attachment 718528
even got the oil plug mm written there JUST IN CASE :);):D

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,103  
Hey, gotta be prepared! Oh and btw Irving, mine's been doing the same thing, rattling and all. And I also did think it was the engine until I pressed against the side of the hood...that was a relief!

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,104  
My 2410 hood hinge has become "unwelded", so mine rattles as well. I bought a mig welder today to take care of that.

But, I first have to learn how to weld! Haha

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,105  
My 2410 hood hinge has become "unwelded", so mine rattles as well. I bought a mig welder today to take care of that.

But, I first have to learn how to weld! Haha
Did you buy a grinder to go with the welder? 😄

Seriously tho, didja?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,106  
Did you buy a grinder to go with the welder? 😄

Seriously tho, didja?
I have a small 4" grinder so I know to get the surfaces clean.

didja. Makes me laugh. where I grew up, we'd say... jeet yet? (did you eat yet?) and others like that.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,107  
I have a small 4" grinder so I know to get the surfaces clean.

didja. Makes me laugh. where I grew up, we'd say... jeet yet? (did you eat yet?) and others like that.
Oh, I don't mean for getting them surfaces clean, Pix. Although, yes.

I mean to grind out jacked-up welds. And I know this coz...I'm a grinder, not a welder.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,108  
Right -- I thought for sure I had a rod knock -- it sounded just like one-- until I finally put my hand on the hood. That was, yes, a big relief.

And yeah, I tend to go crazy with a marker or a label-maker; I have so many different machines I finally decided to label stuff so I wouldn't have to trial-and-error for the right size wrench or socket. There are a number of things I may only do once a year and I just don't remember what size bolt or wrench I need. RV sacrificial anode? Written right there -- 1-1/16" socket. Lug nuts on my VW TDI? Right inside under the hood: 17MM @ 85 ft-lbs... etc etc. Also put dates on a lot of stuff, like oil filters (plus mileage or hrs), starting batteries, air filters... you get the idea. My good ol' OCD making itself known....

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,109  
Right -- I thought for sure I had a rod knock -- it sounded just like one-- until I finally put my hand on the hood. That was, yes, a big relief.

And yeah, I tend to go crazy with a marker or a label-maker; I have so many different machines I finally decided to label stuff so I wouldn't have to trial-and-error for the right size wrench or socket. There are a number of things I may only do once a year and I just don't remember what size bolt or wrench I need. RV sacrificial anode? Written right there -- 1-1/16" socket. Lug nuts on my VW TDI? Right inside under the hood: 17MM @ 85 ft-lbs... etc etc. Also put dates on a lot of stuff, like oil filters (plus mileage or hrs), starting batteries, air filters... you get the idea. My good ol' OCD making itself known....
1-1/16 fits the 2326 MMM blade bolts too :)

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,110  

Same here. Although now I also take a pic of the hr meter along with something oil changy looking, it automatically goes to my google pix account, and I could just track it that way.

Today was oil change day, changed it on the massey and on the new mower as well. Put in rotella 5w40 in the massey.