What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,151  
Ahh, I'll probably need 100-125k btu and I'm looking at midline or similar.
It's all relative. What size are you trying to heat? Is it insulated at all? (I have R13 on the walls, 16' x 7' door is maybe half that that or less and poorly sealed, and silverboard R3 radiant barrier board on the ceiling.)

You can heat a modest ranch house on a 60k BTU unit

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,152  
It's all relative. What size are you trying to heat? Is it insulated at all? (I have R13 on the walls, 16' x 7' door is maybe half that that or less and poorly sealed, and silverboard R3 radiant barrier board on the ceiling.)

You can heat a modest ranch house on a 60k BTU unit
It's 36x42 with R21 on walls and insulating the vaulted 20' ceilings in the spring so I'll need a bit more than 60k. I store the MH in there so it had to accommodate a 14' overhead door.

Pics taken last year
Son rolling after spraying

1556C015-BE41-42AC-964A-5D1A82DC4B0A.jpeg

AFCF2D7B-DB46-4B40-B25F-BD90F22BE6BC.jpeg

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,153  
It's 36x42 with R21 on walls and insulating the vaulted 20' ceilings in the spring so I'll need a bit more than 60k. I store the MH in there so it had to accommodate a 14' overhead door.

Pics taken last year
Son rolling after spraying

View attachment 722229

View attachment 722228
Nice building. So you're definitely in a spot here. Fully Insulated you'd need a 60k BTU furnace for that space as an everyday heat source especially if you double the r value you put on the ceiling vs the walls. Your building looks far more airtight than mine so a 60k BTU furnace will work but twice as hard/cycle twice as often due to the lack of insulated ceilings. Does the 14' door have a weather seals and insulated panels?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,154  
I'm pm'ing so the rest of our mf friends don't have to be bothered going through all the rest. :)

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,155  
yesterday I replaced the throttle cable (only 11 months old) due to it freezing :(😠
even running tractor for 40 minutes would not unfreeze it sometimes.
do visible damage to cable, suspect rain got onto cable end at throttle control and seeped into cable there.
gonna hang old cable in front of shed furnace for week or so and hopefully can save it as a spare.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,156  
Dave, that issue is relatively common, with newer GC models; I've never had a freeze-up in my old 2310. Glad you could sort it out "easily"!

So-- over here, I'm getting real tired of these "roller-coaster" winters we've had over the past few years... You know, starts out as rain, temps drop, changes to wet snow, then just plain snow. Makes for an extremely greasy mess, not to mention ice that gets left behind!

So far this winter, in clearing the 4" and then the 2" of wet snow we've had (using FEL to save blower from stones from the dirt road early in the season), I've slipped --badly, accelerating BACKWARDS-- off the driveway TWICE and gone into the rather deep drop-off on the left side of the driveway.

NO FUN! Both times I had to enlist the help of one of our 4WD Subarus to pull the poor red beast back up into the pavement. Embarrassing, yes, but darned scary, going backwards down the hill while all 4 tires on the tractor are pulling forward! Last time, I fortunately remembered to drop the FEL to ****** my slipping; really thought I was about to roll the tractor over. Using the rear diff lock-up helped going up, but no help once you start sliding backward!

NO MORE! Yesterday I finally bit the bullet, removed the FEL, put that away, installed the blower, AND MOUNTED MY CHAINS ON THE REARS. I just hope the early-season piles of stones from the road plows have now been pushed away by my FEL And, of course, tomorrow it's supposed to hit the 50s with rain, after two mornings with light dustings and temps in the teens....sheesh.

These chains area PITA to install, but they sure do work -- check these babies out! (Here's where I make one of those Tim-The-Toolman growls: GRRRR!)

DSC00327.JPG

DSC00328.JPG

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,157  
Those chains look pretty serious.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,158  
Chains are similar, if not identical to mine. I'm on a hill and can get some serious ice. There is a thread somewhere about putting on chains somewhere that makes the process quick an easy.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,159  
Chains are similar, if not identical to mine. I'm on a hill and can get some serious ice. There is a thread somewhere about putting on chains somewhere that makes the process quick an easy.

Chains certainly get easier the more you do them but it's never easy just an easier way. My rear insides were the pita for me, getting the slack out of them and locking them into place. It's even more fun at the bottom of the hill after they've come loose, lying in the snow and water dripping in your face. (Not me, a friend of mine😉)

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,160  
so decided to look at my pedal return issue today, had already bought new pedal bushings.
disconnected rod from pedals and pedals, no matter what pressure (sideways, etc) applied in any direction, moved freely.
so the 8$ of bushings not needed.
dug into it, disconnected lot of items, everything moves pretty freely.
reconnected everything looked at return spring, it was 3/4 tightened. so wound it up full. no difference in pedal pressure, no diffeence in pedal return.
ordering new pedal return spring (part # 4265419M1 approx 18$) tomorrow. dealer will prob take back the unopened bushings and apply towards the price, they treat me pretty well as I treat them well when I go in.