What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#1,691  
Snowplowed about 8" new snow yesterday and my squealing tachometer was fixed !!

I'm guessing climate change, a.k.a. global warming was the reason for the quick fix.

It warmed up to 20F yesterday.

Merry Christmas to all,

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,692  
Merry Christmas!

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,693  
started it and let it come up to temp and shut down.
not berm in the seat of it for a week, withdrawal stuff happening :p:D

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,694  
started it and let it come up to temp and shut down.
not berm in the seat of it for a week, withdrawal stuff happening :p:D
LOL, Last time I was out on mine was early in the AM on Xmas eve. We're in the middle of an pretty long thaw now, all the snow will be gone before it's over I'm quite happy to let it just sit out there and sleep. I'm expecting at least one storm similar to what Buffalo and Watertown got last weekend, but we got nothing because of the wind direction. But if there is one of those with a NW wind instead of SW.... not looking forward to that. Although, if is wasn't for the fact that I still have to work I would probably enjoy moving 4 feet of snow. But you can't really take a now day when you work from home.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,695  
Got ready for the white stuff ( and found the coolant leak)

IMG_2326.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,696  
so 12-31-2022 at approx 1800hrs I positioned tractor to remove blower.
1-1-2023 at approx 0900 I removed blower.
I can honestly say it took me a year to remove blower.

so...anyone else a fan of dad jokes??

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,697  
Guys, I was talking to a GC owner guy on Youtube, commenting on his vid about hst oil level check. He mentioned something about Permatran I never heard of before, that it's got a dye in it which picks up UV light.

So all of you who use Permatran (not me, I'm a Amsoil synthetic guy) and have a hard time telling if your sight glass is showing full or empty, try a uv light. Also yes, I realize "technically" the sight glass should show fluid at the half mark, but come on lol!...that hardly ever happens.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,698  
Guys, I was talking to a GC owner guy on Youtube, commenting on his vid about hst oil level check. He mentioned something about Permatran I never heard of before, that it's got a dye in it which picks up UV light.

So all of you who use Permatran (not me, I'm a Amsoil synthetic guy) and have a hard time telling if your sight glass is showing full or empty, try a uv light. Also yes, I realize "technically" the sight glass should show fluid at the half mark, but come on lol!...that hardly ever happens.
Yeah but have to have tractor in sunlight or purchase uv light to make it viable .... JD and some others has a dye supplement similar to what the do for "RED" diesel you can put in to HST to get some coloration of fluid......

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,699  
Yeah but have to have tractor in sunlight or purchase uv light to make it viable .... JD and some others has a dye supplement similar to what the do for "RED" diesel you can put in to HST to get some coloration of fluid.......
I use red die and it only takes a few drops, maybe 10 to make the fluid pink/dark enough to see easily. I forget what it is but I picked it up on amazon. Probably have enough to last me 20 years at 10 drops a change even if I changed it every year.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#1,700  
Over the many years of my GC ownership, I've been able to tell the difference between hydo/trans fluid in the sight glass and an empty sight glass that has no fluid.

My Amsoil show up real good for me.

I remember in the early years it was difficult for me to determine.

KC