What is eating my soaker hose?

/ What is eating my soaker hose? #1  

Travelover

Elite Member
Tractor
B7100
I have soaker hose buried under the sawdust mulch around my blueberries. For the second time something has pulled out the hose and chewed it into multiple pieces. Any idea what does this and why?

Attachments

• IMG_6669[1].JPG
    IMG_6669[1].JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 227
  • IMG_6670[1].JPG
    IMG_6670[1].JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 196
   / What is eating my soaker hose? #2  
I have soaker hose buried under the sawdust mulch around my blueberries. For the second time something has pulled out the hose and chewed it into multiple pieces. Any idea what does this and why?

My guess would be squirrels.

/ What is eating my soaker hose? #3  
Rats will chew anything, mice to a lesser extent, they got our dishwasher outlet hose and we flooded the kitchen, replaced it with a steel mesh shrouded hydraulic hose.

/ What is eating my soaker hose? #4  
Rats or squirrels are my guess. This time a year is winter nest gathering/building. I assume you are not finding any holes in the ground?

/ What is eating my soaker hose? #6  
I would agree with rats or mice, but it doesn't seem like they would be able to pull the hose out of the ground like that.
Do you have any possums or skunks around?? They would both be possibilities.

/ What is eating my soaker hose? #7  
I'd vote for rabbits, I've had them eat Christmas light wires that were low to the ground!

/ What is eating my soaker hose? #8  
Time for a game cam! I learned I have Mountain Beaver on our property. Little suckers are boring lots of ankle breaking holes on the wet sloped areas and pretty much pizzing me off.

/ What is eating my soaker hose?
I would agree with rats or mice, but it doesn't seem like they would be able to pull the hose out of the ground like that.
Do you have any possums or skunks around?? They would both be possibilities.

I have possums, coons, skunks, squirrels, voles, coyotes and ground moles. But I can't imagine why they would pull the hose out of the ground and chew it into pieces. No nutritional value and I can't believe it tastes good.

/ What is eating my soaker hose?
Rats or squirrels are my guess. This time a year is winter nest gathering/building. I assume you are not finding any holes in the ground?
I do have holes in the ground but I'm pretty sure they are voles.