What Is This Antique Tool?

/ What Is This Antique Tool? #1  

Argonne

Gold Member
Tractor
JD2210, Ford 4400, Case IH 685, Terramite T7, JD 6x4 M-Gator
A friend of mine came up with a strange hand tool, and posted a pic of it on Facebook to see if anyone knew what it was. It's been 2 weeks, and nobody has a (serious) answer. So here it is. What the heck is it?

weird tool.jpg

/ What Is This Antique Tool?
Good one Bruce! For the record, it took 14 minutes on TractorByNet to identify.

/ What Is This Antique Tool? #5  
Good one Bruce! For the record, it took 14 minutes on TractorByNet to identify.

And that included the time taken looking up some references after identifying it.

:)

Bruce

/ What Is This Antique Tool? #7  
Meat tenderizer for bacon strips maybe. Can't see that being of any use on a Texas Steak. :licking:

/ What Is This Antique Tool? #8  
   / What Is This Antique Tool? #9  
That was my thought too. I have seen something like that before, but don't recall it having anything to do with tenderizing meat. Oh well, it's certainly before my time.

News Flash!

Patent US613572 - Marshall e - Google Patents

"Be it known that I, MARSHALL E. HUNT,

of Belle Plain, in the county of Benton and State of Iowa, have invented a new and Improved Meat-Tenderer, of which the following is a full, clear, and exact description.

The object of my invention is to provide a simple form of device particularly adapted for beating meat for the purpose of rendering the tion of the tenderer being both to cut and tobruise the-meat and yet not mutilate it beyond the necessary degree to render it tender.

Another object of the invention is to so con struct the meat-tenderer that it will be exceedingly simple, economic, and capable of being readily cleaned."

/ What Is This Antique Tool? #10  
"Be it known that I, MARSHALL E. HUNT,

of Belle Plain, in the county of Benton and State of Iowa, have invented a new and Improved Meat-Tenderer, of which the following is a full, clear, and exact description.

The object of my invention is to provide a simple form of device particularly adapted for beating meat for the purpose of rendering the tion of the tenderer being both to cut and tobruise the-meat and yet not mutilate it beyond the necessary degree to render it tender.

Another object of the invention is to so con struct the meat-tenderer that it will be exceedingly simple, economic, and capable of being readily cleaned."

"device particularly adapted for beating meat"