What is this radiator hose for?

/ What is this radiator hose for? #1  

Jeff Lary

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2950
I am going through the cooling system on my 1995 L2950 Glide Shift tractor. It is 27 years old and I figured it was about time to change the hoses out for new ones. I am not having any issues it runs and cools just fine as is. However if I do have any cooling issues it will surely be in the dead cold of winter a 1/2 mile back in my woodlot. So this is just Preventative Maintenace only.

At Messicks Tractor parts site the part number is 31351-18570. The hose is located on the lower right of the engine and goes in the lower right corner od the radiator. The name of the hose is " drain hose" I have a new one here along with top upper and lower hoses, Thermostat Coolant all ready to go does anyone know what this third hose does it is about a 1" od shape formed hose about 2' long maybe? Thanks Jeff
1652964139352.png

/ What is this radiator hose for? #2  
So what goes on the other end of the hose?

/ What is this radiator hose for?
engine block and rad connects the two?

I just finished the cooling system service, that hose goes from the lower right radiator to a barb in the engine block under the fuel pump. When removed there was some coolant in it. I have no idea what it is for when you look it up it is called "Hose drain" anyway thanks for the response, I was hoping someone could explain why it is there. Thanks Jeff

/ What is this radiator hose for? #5  
Does it allow trapped coolant within the block to drain via the radiator so only one drain point?

You got me It is called drain hose maybe to drain the block? I changed it out now all three and a new thermostat ready to roll, I guess. I discovered this when trying to read the oil filter number the hose is formed to pass below the filter. I said, " hua small lower hose isn't it?" Then when i walked around to the left side of the tractor both upper and lower hoses are on that side. So yea I have no idea but she is new now ha ha.

/ What is this radiator hose for? #7  
That'll teach you not to scratch sleeping dogs and going around fixing things that ain't broke...

Yea I know but I got to thinking, geese 27 year-old radiator hose ..... better get these changed out. You know where you end up then. I know now that they are all in great shape so I sleep better ha ha.

/ What is this radiator hose for? #9  
Maybe if you post the question over at OTT you might find someone that knows the answer...Just a thought.

/ What is this radiator hose for? #10  
I'm about to do the same "Preventative Maint" on my 2000 Kubota L-3010. No probs yet but don't want any:oops:
Like you, I went to Messick's website and they show 3 hoses, one is a small (maybe 1" hose bottom Rad to eng block)
I called the Kubota dealer and they do have a listing for it. Does anyone know if it carries PRESSURE? If not, I won't bother changing it.
Thanks, you guys are the best(y):)