What is this sound?

/ What is this sound? #1  

mahindra1626

Tractor
mahindra 1626
I am still new to this. I have less than 100 hours on my 1626. When turning the key I get this sound. Wasn't certain if I should be concerned. In the past I thought the sound was slower.

/ What is this sound? #3  
Sounds like either a shut off solenoid that's taking awhile to engage or a fuel pump running dry 'till it primes, doesn't sound good either way. I'm guessing fuel pump prime, just a WAG on my part tho..........Mike

/ What is this sound?
I had a feeling

/ What is this sound? #5  
I have some sort of pump or vacuum that runs for 30 seconds after I shut my tractor off. It does it everytime so I'm assuming it should. I haven't asked what it is yet.

/ What is this sound? #6  
The second click is the relay going to warming glow plugs. That is much slower than what your sound is. The constant click is a fuel solenoid switch.
You need to check 5 things.
1. Principal ground wire connection going from battery to chassis.
2. Battery connections.
3. Glow plug rail nuts which reside along the valve cover to make sure none are loose.
4. Glow plug ground connection at end of glow plug rail to make sure connection is viable..
5. Starter solenoid connections.

Last edited:
   / What is this sound?
The second click is the relay going to warming glow plugs. That is much slower than what your sound is. The constant click is a fuel solenoid switch.
You need to check 5 things.
1. Principal ground wire connection going from battery to chassis.
2. Battery connections.
3. Glow plug rail nuts which reside along the valve cover to make sure none are loose.
4. Glow plug ground connection at end of glow plug rail to make sure connection is viable..
5. Starter solenoid connections.
Thank you!

I was trying to troubleshoot the last few days and was starting to reach a conclusion that I had a loose wire somewhere because the issue resolved itself for a while and just started back up.

/ What is this sound?
Hey thank you everyone,

Had a poor main ground from battery to frame resulting in low voltage causing the glow plug controller to have a rapid click.

/ What is this sound? #9  
Hey thank you everyone,

Had a poor main ground from battery to frame resulting in low voltage causing the glow plug controller to have a rapid click.
Thanks for your feed back. That factor is what helps everyone. Wish more people did that instead of simply "disappearing" and breakdown causations remaining a mystery..

/ What is this sound? #10  
Thanks for your feed back. That factor is what helps everyone. Wish more people did that instead of simply "disappearing" and breakdown causations remaining a mystery..
I'm with you. I hate those hit and run questioners. Especially those who are either too lazy or too ignorant on researching subjects.