What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties?

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
You are cheap are cheap 0r like my wife says, 'frugal'. So am I actually, why I buy mine at Harbor Freight.
“Tight” is the word. For me anyway.

jyoutz

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX6000
I've saved those long TIES that they use for election posters.

Handy around a tractor for hoses etc.
Dan things are sure costly.

I rigged a hook blade at the end of a pole so as to liberate them from arms length.
They are cheap at Harbor Freight

gckshea

Tractor
2018 LS XR4140
To circumcise or not circumcise, that is the question. German helmets or anteaters....such a quandary.

tjandrews

Bronze Member
Tractor
Case SC, IH 424, JD 4600
Some of you guys must go crazy watching TV cop shows where somebody uses zip ties to secure a hostage's hands. I can see you now, screaming at the screen "CUT THOSE ZIP TIE TAILS, FOOL!"

stuckmotor

Elite Member
Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
The zip ties on my heat ducts are big and expensive. A web search told me how to release them for reuse and that's what I do.

bmaverick

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2610, retired JD 850, retired DYT-4000
Seriously? :)
So I can RE-USE them later.

There are zip-tie tools that allow you to re-use them for other uses. Once you trim a zip-tie, you are stuck with the length and smaller.

For people who use them just once, then yeah, trim them down please.

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
I used stainless steel zip ties to secure heat shielding around hoses on my track car. Those suckers were expensive. Not reusable and had to be trimmed.

Torvy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Looking to purchase a Compact Tractor in 30-50 HP range.
What's wrong with people who insist their way is the only right way to do something?

Someone else's zip tie habits have a GAF factor approaching zero for me. I only read this thread because it seemed so adamant that I figured I would learn something I didn't know about zip ties...if I am zip tying something it is because it is quick (zip). I certainly don't want to go back and make them look pretty. If that was the important factor, maybe I would use something else to fasten things.