What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties?

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #31  
In the telecom company I worked for it was quality demerits for not cutting zip ties flush.... PERIOD.....Learned to cut them flush and still do today after retirement ... Still have scars from some doofus that was not a believer in flush cutting at the "knot"....

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #32  
When I'm using them where I know that my hands and fingers are going to be in there working I like to use a soldering gun with the large flat head after cutting them just a quite swipe and they are nice and smooth and will not ever slip off.
If there is plenty of room and they won't be in the way I often don't cut them. Of course I also double wrap many of them.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties?
When I'm using them where I know that my hands and fingers are going to be in there working I like to use a soldering gun with the large flat head after cutting them just a quite swipe and they are nice and smooth and will not ever slip off.
If there is plenty of room and they won't be in the way I often don't cut them. Of course I also double wrap many of them.
"double wrap" Now that is a simple idea that I've never thought of! Double the strength.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #34  
Every zip tie I install gets cut off. Even if it’s in an impossible place. Just the thought of one uncut bothers me.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #35  
I have banned zipties from my home all together.
LOL, I can't think of a single thing of mine that would work at all if all the zt's were repossessed.

Best,

ed

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #37  
I have banned zipties from my home all together.
there should be a BAD Post option here ... hahaha :) - they are so very useful IMO

Anybody tried stainless steel zip ties?
sounds like wire ???

sometimes I trim, sometimes I don't ... only bothers my wife's OCD

I have to respect the idea of not cutting them so can be reused. Dang things are getting expensive!
if you use them properly, they are secured and tight, as per intended purpose. If you keep them loose / reversed, they can be re-used, and slipped apart - in that case, no point in trimming.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #38  
If you have ever reached into a tight area and "snagged" your hand or forearm on a cut off tie - you know why they are left long.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #39  
Either leave them long or twist them until they break off right where the come through the socket.