What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties?

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #51  
I never leave home without one of these.

1652478269205.png

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #52  
Once had an OCD afflicted IT guy come in and he decided to clean up all the Twinax cabling in our offices with zip ties. I could have strangled him. Back then we were always troubleshooting cable issues in awkward places. It’s hard to trace zip tied cables by hand.

I often don’t cut them because I think I might need to snug them up a bit later. Rarely ever do it though.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #53  
What's wrong with people who must trim their zipties?

Bruce

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #54  
Zip ties, duct tape, bailing wire and JB Weld are necessities around my place. Depends on where I use zip ties whether I cut them or not.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties?
Someone mentioned, in an earlier post above, not trimming excess length from guitar strings at the headstock. Now that is 435.665% worse than not trimming zipties.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #56  
To cut, or not to cut. That is always the question.

I cut for aesthetic reasons, or clearance/functional reasons. If you don't care how it looks, and don't need it trimmed, why bother? Like Diggin said, I have also cut my hands more than once on cut zip ties, which isn't fun.
In my career in the electrical and electronics world I have been poked in the face with uncut ties and have cut hands on snipped ties.
Many guys just use the side cutters to snip the tails but that leaves the sharp ends.
When I wired or built control panels (extremely neat) I would always snip with a flush cut snippers only, this leaves a very smooth non sharp edge.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #57  
...with sharp corners.

:)

Bruce