What is your greatest DIY accomplishment?

/ What is your greatest DIY accomplishment? #1  

mbohuntr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1533
My wife and I decided to build a log home some years ago. We originally planned to hire it all out, but after the shell was up, many of the contractors that quoted prices for us to get financing doubled the estimate..
Since we didn't have the funds to pay that, we hopped on the internet and figured it out.. We built our first fireplace, enclosed stairs, ceramic tile floors, and hardwood floors... 183544_186680811367259_7117295_n.jpg188528_186680978033909_1406850_n.jpg

/ What is your greatest DIY accomplishment? #2  
Looks good. I built a 8 stall barn a few years back from trees I logged and milled myself off the property. It took my son and I about 3 years of vacation time and weekends to complete. Quotes from out of work contractors during the housing downswing were outrageous, like they were trying to get a whole years worth of pay on one one building.

/ What is your greatest DIY accomplishment? #3  
Beautiful fireplace.

I built my house and barn.

/ What is your greatest DIY accomplishment? #4  
Same here- building my own house and barns (with quite a bit of help from my dad). It did take 2 tries to pass the house plumbing inspection, but at least the electrical inspections went well...

/ What is your greatest DIY accomplishment? #5  
Looks great! I have been tangling with some stone/masonry work recently, and while it looks great, boy is that a lot of work. Compared to working with wood like I'm used to, seems like everything with masonry is heavier to lug in and more time consuming to put up.

/ What is your greatest DIY accomplishment? #6  
An all-way blade for pushing snow via UTV.

Attachments

• Blade control boxs done.I (DL).jpg
    Blade control boxs done.I (DL).jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Rhino with cab, blade driveway.(DL).jpg
    Rhino with cab, blade driveway.(DL).jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Rhino blading gorge side.I (DL).jpg
    Rhino blading gorge side.I (DL).jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Rhino blading trails city side (DL).jpg
    Rhino blading trails city side (DL).jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Rhino blade bits deep (DL).jpg
    Rhino blade bits deep (DL).jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 89
   / What is your greatest DIY accomplishment? #7  
After building our log cabin, from scratch, in Alaska it was a lot less work to build our cedar home here in WA. We did all the work on the cedar home except the concrete foundation and carpeting the living room. The cabin was built in 1976 and our cedar home in 1982.

/ What is your greatest DIY accomplishment? #8  
Not sure which I'm more proud of, my wedding gazebo or the pond it sits next to. Maybe both combined are my greatest DIY accomplishment?

/ What is your greatest DIY accomplishment? #9  
Not sure which I'm more proud of, my wedding gazebo or the pond it sits next to. Maybe both combined are my greatest DIY accomplishment?

/ What is your greatest DIY accomplishment? #10  
Very impressive! Some talented folks here. My Dad was a man who could do just about anything he set his mind to, but I didn't inherit much of that ability...I guess getting through eight years of college is my greatest accomplishment.