What NOT to do on your property![emoji849]

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
I had to replace fence on property I bought, fence was 45 years old, woven wire, wooden post every 50ft with 4 T posts between. I just cut wire every wood post, wound rusty wire with barbed wire up throwing into a ditch thinking I'd clean it up someday which was today.
I'll never do that again! I just finished, so tired I can barely type! All overgrown, had to winch everything out. Most wire I'll haul to dump a little at a time, posts on the burn pile. Lesson learned a mess over time can become a nightmare.

Wagtail

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 4105 / JD D110
Oh my... the classic 'I'll get to that later' or 'aroundtoit' scenario.

Lesson learnt. (until it happens again :))

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
I had a woven wire fence around the garden. After it being there for twenty years I went to remove it. Ha - what a joke. The weeds & grass was so intertwined, tangled & thick. Pulled it out in chunks with a logging chain and the tractor. If there weren't such a fire hazard - I would have burned all around the fence first.

Sonny580

Platinum Member
Tractor
several kinds and sizes
Picture013(1).JPG
this is what I use on fences!! ---dont care HOW overgrown they are! lol!!

ImHOME.JPG
Before MOOSE, I used this little guy,--it too will make short work of fences!
old fences can be a problem to remove.---putting the new one in is easy!

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
Don't add unnecessary clutter to the landscape. A GF once gathered rocks and proceeded to put them around all manner of things. Cute and well meaning. but Just created a maintenance nightmare.

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
Good thing is you shouldn't have to worry about that project again..."45 years"

Tinhack

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 3910, John Deere 420C, Kubota G32XKS, IH 2606, Bad Boy Maverick-60"
I put up the exact same fence over 20 years ago. There's parts of it in the back corner that I can't even see because of overgrowth. Just as well. I don't go back there much any way. The habitat gives the mountain lions a place to hide. :eek:

Whoever has this place after I'm gone will have to deal with it. ;)

OP
Fuddy1952

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
I put up the exact same fence over 20 years ago. There's parts of it in the back corner that I can't even see because of overgrowth. Just as well. I don't go back there much any way. The habitat gives the mountain lions a place to hide. :eek:

Whoever has this place after I'm gone will have to deal with it. ;)
Good place to stash trespassers

Bullwinkle123

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5400HST, Z724XKW-3-54
Don't add unnecessary clutter to the landscape. A GF once gathered rocks and proceeded to put them around all manner of things. Cute and well meaning. but Just created a maintenance nightmare.

Yes, my wife likes to use rocks int he tilled garden to mark her veggies and things. I can't quite seem to convey the importance of avoiding that practice, as every rock adds to the number of bolts I shear. Drives me nuts. Rocks are evil.

Sonny580

Platinum Member
Tractor
several kinds and sizes
No rocks/bricks/blocks/logs/etc. here!!!---spent too many years getting rid of that crap!!!