what on earth does electricity cost near you?

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #601  
My current credit is $321.

DSCN4163.JPG

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #602  
Nicely Done Andy.

My impression of TN is that it is a common-sense place (at least, compared to norms today)..... Do you accept refugees from Canada ? :cool:

Rgds, D.

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #604  
   / what on earth does electricity cost near you? #606  
My excess solar production for the last 12 months “Retails” a little over $900.

No idea under the new reduced sell back what I will see as a kW is only worth pennies so maybe 10% of the $900 coming in a check back to me?

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #607  
My excess solar production for the last 12 months “Retails” a little over $900.

No idea under the new reduced sell back what I will see as a kW is only worth pennies so maybe 10% of the $900 coming in a check back to me?

Back to The Future ?

Kids of my era..... proverbial lemon-aide stand, on the front lawn.

Energy Costs in Cali (and elsewhere, soon....) .......... all these work at-home digital workers......

Set up a big PV array, hand-written Low Kost EV Chargin' on the lawn ?

Rgds, D.

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #608  
Nicely Done Andy.

My impression of TN is that it is a common-sense place (at least, compared to norms today)..... Do you accept refugees from Canada ? :cool:

Rgds, D.

No sorry, but with a university degree and solid job offer you can get temporary work visa which usually can be renewed!

Cheers :geek:

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #609  
Current bill is $380USD , been hot here. Around .14 for a KW. Usually 150-200 with cooler weather.

In Quebec:
.06159 kwh first 40 kwh
.09502 kwh thereafter
plus access fee of $25.11
plus 2 taxes
Not gonna run the numbers, but I think I could run a gasoline generator for less than that per month. My bills are usually in the $60 range with a high month being around $80

Total for 4699 kwh $390.04
That can't be per month. I run around 5,000 KwHrs per year, generally around 400-450/mo. I'm on track to be under 400 this month.

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #610  
Not gonna run the numbers, but I think I could run a gasoline generator for less than that per month. My bills are usually in the $60 range with a high month being around $80

That can't be per month. I run around 5,000 KwHrs per year, generally around 400-450/mo. I'm on track to be under 400 this month.

Piloon likely heats with natural gas, but his electricity rates are about the cheapest in North America. Quebec sells a great deal of energy to New England states and to Maritime provinces in Canada.

In New Brunswick, I pay $0.1138 per KWH + $25 /mo for the service + 15% tax. We are in the process of moving to the countryside to a highly insulated new place. Heat pump and baseboard electric heat and we'll run 6000KWH /yr for $1100 total.