What qualifies as a Vintage tractor?

/ What qualifies as a Vintage tractor? #1  

dgood1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 3710, 1970 Leland 384
What year is the cutoff for consideration as a vintage tractor?

Would a 1970 Leland make the grade?

Thanks,

Don

/ What qualifies as a Vintage tractor? #2  
It varies from organization to organization, and there isn't any hard and fast standard that I'm aware of. As a rough guideline, 20 or 25 years and older is "vintage" and 50 years and older is "antique".

/ What qualifies as a Vintage tractor? #3  
I heard that 50 years for CARS is "antitque. Not sure about tractors, though.

/ What qualifies as a Vintage tractor? #4  
Most tractor people would consider that 1970 as a new tractor. You have about 15 years before anyone would call that Leyland a vintage probably 30 more years before its an antique. Tractors are just expected to be used and to last longer than other machinery.

/ What qualifies as a Vintage tractor?
I suppose that with a 1970 year model being considered new. I am in the wrong forum.

Y'all have a nice day,

Don

/ What qualifies as a Vintage tractor? #6  
In forams terms I think you fit here. It seems like most on the guy on TBN have new tractors. In this case I think you qualify. So I have never heard that brand name tractor before. Any history on it?

/ What qualifies as a Vintage tractor? #7  
I think for this forum a 1970 is fine here.I belong to some antigue tractor clubs and don't think there is a definition on what is antigue or not.In the IH club I see tractors in the 1980's shown and I've seem John Deeres in the 1970's shown.

Attachments

• 44-175313-loader1.jpg
    44-175313-loader1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 159
Leland was sold by British-Leland, they made I think the Triumph cars.

This tractor is 65 hp. Has a two stage clutch which uses a lever for the PTO. It also has a cover section that is above the clutch to allow you to replace the clutch without splitting the tractor. All in all it has been very good to me in the 10 yrs that I have owned it.

Don

/ What qualifies as a Vintage tractor? #9  
In oder to qualify for most Antique and Classic Tractor Pulling Clubs the tractor must be 1949 and older for the Antique Classes and 1950 to 1960 for the Classic Classes.
Again this is for "most" Pulling Clubs.

BTW in Michigan to get an Antique license plate for your auto it only has to be 25 or more years old. Seems kinds funny to see a 1976 Old Cutlass Supreme with an antique plate but I did yesterday. Makes me feel awful antique also.

Thanks for the info. I don't think that I will be getting into doing any pulling contests except for the ones I have with trees.

"BTW in Michigan to get an Antique license plate for your auto it only has to be 25 or more years old. Seems kinds funny to see a 1976 Old Cutlass Supreme with an antique plate but I did yesterday. Makes me feel awful antique also"

I feel antique every morning when I wake up. I used to be able to just roll out of bed and go, now I have to wait for all the body parts to wake up. :)

Congrats on making Silver.

Don