What slip clutch is this?

/ What slip clutch is this? #1  

ericm979

Tractor
Branson 3725H
IMG_0413.JPGIMG_0412.JPG

My Kodiak rotary cutter's manual says to set the slip clutch spring length to 1.27" if it's an EG/Comer or 1.15" if it's a Bondolini & Pavesi.
The pics I can find of those units look nothing like this one (the springs are evenly set around the clutch instead of in pairs). The springs were at 1.05" when I took the pic. After loosening it all the way and slipping it I set them to 1.15". It does not slip on startup with the tractor at idle at that setting.

There's been a few times where I have pulled up a large rock and it went into the blades. Should the clutch slip in that case? Should it slip when engaging the PTO at idle?

/ What slip clutch is this? #2  
If your clutch is slipping when you engage, it's set wrong. I don't know how large of a rock you hit, but if it had any real effect on the blades, stopping them, the clutch should have slipped. Friction clutches are better than shear bolts, but they should only be tripping in the same situation that a shear bolt would shear.

/ What slip clutch is this? #3  
That's a B&P.

Should definitely slip for a big rock. I think that a small amount of slip on engaging is good, but if engagement is gentle and at/near idle there should be none.