What tires are on your truck?

Peace

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO30
1633208498327.jpeg

2 tires failed under 25k miles. 1 with crack in sidewall. 1 with steel belt broken. The brand is Corsa and I liked the tires, but they didn’t make it to the 40,000 mile warranty.

OP
Peace

Peace

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO30
I kept the best 2 used, for spares. My current spare is an 18” rim and I would rather have 20” to match.

gsganzer

Veteran Member
Tractor
L3800 w/FEL and BH77, BX 2200 w/FEL and MMM
My 2020 Superduty came with Goodyear Kevlar tires. I have 35K on them. They get good traction and are fairly quiet, but I bet I only get 50K out of them. I'd probably buy them again if priced right, but I usually like Michelin for a good quality tire. I have a friend that has 75K on some Michelins (on a Toyota Tundra) and will probably make it to 90K without a problem. I don't skimp on tires.

OP
Peace

Peace

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO30
My 2020 Superduty came with Goodyear Kevlar tires. I have 35K on them. They get good traction and are fairly quiet, but I bet I only get 50K out of them. I'd probably buy them again if priced right, but I usually like Michelin for a good quality tire. I have a friend that has 75K on some Michelins (on a Toyota Tundra) and will probably make it to 90K without a problem. I don't skimp on tires.
My neighbor put the All Terain BFG Kevlar tires on his 2500 Chevy. When he told me the outrageous price he paid, I thought to myself ‘those better be bulletproof!’ :oops:

Midniteoyl

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, Ford 3400, Gizmow ZTR, Simplicity 7016H
I picked up my F150 Super Crew with new Goodyear Wrangler SR-A tires on them. P275/55R20. Nice riding and quite. Not 'Off-road' but so far so good.

AWSubie

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 2N, Kioti NX5010 HST Cab
Pathfinder AT. They are Discount Tire brand competitors to BFGoodrich

Big Barn

Tractor
More than 40 over the years. Ten at any one time. Mostly Ford and New Holland
BF Goodrich

IMG_7932.jpg

Last edited:

RjCorazza

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L4060 Cab, ZD1211, ZD326
BF Goodrich All Terrains on my F250, though not Kevlar.
They ride much quieter than I expected and wear very well.
IMG_3694.jpg

Paystar

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
On my last F150 I put BF Goodrich TA KO2's on it. But I wasn't that pleased with their winter performance. They were good in snow and ice, but didn't seem too stable on the wet slushy stuff.

My new F150 came with Goodyear Wrangler Fortitudes. So far they are doing good. And last winter I ran them for a bit before I put studded snow tires on, and surprisingly they did almost as good as the studded tires.

But I notice at the mine at work at, all the company vehicles and almost all the employee trucks are running Good Year Dura Tracs. We drive 70 KM on gravel road in, then 15 KM each way every day from camp to site. The sharp rock is hard on tires. And severe conditions in winter. So maybe that says something in favor of those??

sea2summit

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1860->25D, MX5800, M4D
KO2’s here as well, I’ve had them about 15k now maybe a little more and they are holding up very well. Off-road ~10%, tow 40-50% (often in hay fields), other highway <20%. I’m guessing I’ll get well more than 50k out of them.

Big Barn

Tractor
Did you add the red stripe? Looks fantastic with BFG’s and matching calipers!

The red stripe was a factory ordered option by the previous owner. Quite unique.

TMGT

Elite Member
Tractor
B2620
Nitto Terra Grappler on the Ram 2500, don't need the offroad capabilites as much now so probably going with the Dura Grappler when these wear out.
Wear decent and tow well even at pretty high loads (about 20klbs once by accident).

Expect about 50k miles out of them based on past experience and how much tread is left, which isn't bad for a E range all terrain that is in a 4x4 diesel towing most of the time.

RandyT

Veteran Member
Tractor
KIOTI DK45S
KO2’s here as well, I’ve had them about 15k now maybe a little more and they are holding up very well. Off-road ~10%, tow 40-50% (often in hay fields), other highway <20%. I’m guessing I’ll get well more than 50k out of them.
I have about 48K on mine and they are getting close but should last a few thousand more.

BravoXray

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230, John Deere 430 Diesel
I'm pretty cheap / frugal with everything except tires... Michelin tires only please.
Same for me, never had a problem with Michelins. Always got a lot of miles, quiet and good ride on the F150. Same for my Town Car.
Always ran Michelins on my semis when I had them with the same great service.

Hay Dude

Tractor
Case-IH MX-270, MF7495, Kubota M135XTDSC, Kubota M126XTDC, Kubota F3680, Kubota ZD331
Kellys on my Ram 5500
Good wear and decent traction for 19.5s
1633227421751.jpeg

Big Barn

Tractor
Did you add the red stripe? Looks fantastic with BFG’s and matching calipers!

Here's a better shot when it was clean

IMG_2366.jpg

Super Star Member
Top Poster Of Month
Tractor
M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
I have Firesteins on my truck and cars. great tires. They stop on a dime and then they pick it up for you........... :D

nikerret

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D-1
I’ve only put 6k miles on my new set of General Grabber ATX’s. Thus far, very happy. On my half ton I had, I put General Grabber AT2’s on and they were spectacular. The AT2 was the predecessor to the current ATX.

5FED08FE-47EB-42AF-B8E8-DC6AE9C4C7B7.jpeg

Midniteoyl

Elite Member
Tractor
Tire Rack has tests and reviews on many tires. Check them out when looking. Last set I got from them (I'm and hour away) were Firestone Destination LE 2's and they were still going 60k miles later when I traded in for my current truck. Again, not an 'off road' tire, but did awesome in rain (no hydroplaning, at all) and snow. Anyway, they were the cheapest by far at the time. To the tune of several hundred dollars less that Tire Barn, Discount Tire, etc.. Can ship to a local installer too.

Last edited:

ljjhouser

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L4701
My 2021 truck came with Bridgestone Dueler tires. Have 7000 miles on them. pretty good, don't you think?

ranger danger

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M6060, MEB802 Generator
My 2019 Ram 2500 came with Firestone Transforce tires. WORST tire EVER! I got just over 17k on them and were bald. Crappy traction the whole time. I put a 3" lift and 35" Toyo open country RT's and have been happy. I have about 29k on them now and expect to get around 45k.

Midniteoyl

Elite Member
Tractor
My 2019 Ram 2500 came with Firestone Transforce tires. WORST tire EVER! I got just over 17k on them and were bald. Crappy traction the whole time. I put a 3" lift and 35" Toyo open country RT's and have been happy. I have about 29k on them now and expect to get around 45k.
Thats my experience with Kuhmo's. Roughest, noisiest, slickest tires I ever had and didn't even make it 25k miles. Came OEM with the vehicle...

Slowpoke Slim

Elite Member
Tractor
Husqvarna YTH24V48 riding mower, Branson 3725CH
I'm running BFG A/T KO2's on my current truck, second set on them, first set were the older "KO"s. Could immediately tell the difference in traction and tread noise. Still running KO's on my wife's 4Runner. Good traction in most conditions. No "All Terrain" tire does well in sloppy mud, but for the most part we don't deal with sloppy, deep mud here. The BFG's have been all I've run on my last half dozen 4x4's. They just work.

Haven't had a Firestone product since the 70's. Won't give them a dime. Had one of their "721" tires blow the front fender clean off of a brand new '77 Chrysler while going down the freeway. Firestone lawyered up and wouldn't pay for anything. We eventually beat them, but they'll never see another dime of my money. They can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

Michelins have always been good tires.

OP
Peace

Peace

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO30
I'm running BFG A/T KO2's on my current truck, second set on them, first set were the older "KO"s. Could immediately tell the difference in traction and tread noise. Still running KO's on my wife's 4Runner. Good traction in most conditions. No "All Terrain" tire does well in sloppy mud, but for the most part we don't deal with sloppy, deep mud here. The BFG's have been all I've run on my last half dozen 4x4's. They just work.

Haven't had a Firestone product since the 70's. Won't give them a dime. Had one of their "721" tires blow the front fender clean off of a brand new '77 Chrysler while going down the freeway. Firestone lawyered up and wouldn't pay for anything. We eventually beat them, but they'll never see another dime of my money. They can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

Michelins have always been good tires.
I’ve never run on Firestones but I do remember many years ago a lot of blowout stories like yours.

Paystar

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
I don't hold Firestone responsible for all those blowouts. Even though Firestone paid the price, it was Fords fault.
I remember that. I'm so sick of hearing people say the Ford Explorer was unsafe. I had a 95 two door sport and it was not unstable at all. The problem came with Ford saying to run, it was either 24 or 26 PSI? in the tires. That was what was on the door jam sticker.
And that was the problem with the tires and the roll overs. I always ran 32 PSI in mine and never had an issue.

That's why you saw most of the blowouts and roll overs in the States where the temperatures were much higher than up here.

OP
Peace

Peace

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO30
I remember that. I'm so sick of hearing people say the Ford Explorer was unsafe. I had a 95 two door sport and it was not unstable at all. The problem came with Ford saying to run, it was either 24 or 26 PSI? in the tires. That was what was on the door jam sticker.
And that was the problem with the tires and the roll overs. I always ran 32 PSI in mine and never had an issue.

That's why you saw most of the blowouts and roll overs in the States where the temperatures were much higher than up here.
I never heard that it was a tire pressure problem ,that was the root cause. Interesting post.

Last edited:

ROUSTABOUT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Pettibone, Ford, Massey Ferguson, International, JD, David Bradley, home mades
I've got five different kinds of tires counting the spare. I can't remember the brands.

ROUSTABOUT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Pettibone, Ford, Massey Ferguson, International, JD, David Bradley, home mades

A lot of it happened because they ran the tires past when they should replace. At the same time driving 70 mph all the time. Tread would peel off. Seen it happen and had it happen. I will still buy Firestone.