What tires are on your truck?

/ What tires are on your truck? #31  
I’ve only put 6k miles on my new set of General Grabber ATX’s. Thus far, very happy. On my half ton I had, I put General Grabber AT2’s on and they were spectacular. The AT2 was the predecessor to the current ATX.

5FED08FE-47EB-42AF-B8E8-DC6AE9C4C7B7.jpeg

/ What tires are on your truck? #32  
Tire Rack has tests and reviews on many tires. Check them out when looking. Last set I got from them (I'm and hour away) were Firestone Destination LE 2's and they were still going 60k miles later when I traded in for my current truck. Again, not an 'off road' tire, but did awesome in rain (no hydroplaning, at all) and snow. Anyway, they were the cheapest by far at the time. To the tune of several hundred dollars less that Tire Barn, Discount Tire, etc.. Can ship to a local installer too.

Last edited:
   / What tires are on your truck? #33  
My 2021 truck came with Bridgestone Dueler tires. Have 7000 miles on them. pretty good, don't you think?

/ What tires are on your truck? #36  
My 2019 Ram 2500 came with Firestone Transforce tires. WORST tire EVER! I got just over 17k on them and were bald. Crappy traction the whole time. I put a 3" lift and 35" Toyo open country RT's and have been happy. I have about 29k on them now and expect to get around 45k.

/ What tires are on your truck? #39  
My 2019 Ram 2500 came with Firestone Transforce tires. WORST tire EVER! I got just over 17k on them and were bald. Crappy traction the whole time. I put a 3" lift and 35" Toyo open country RT's and have been happy. I have about 29k on them now and expect to get around 45k.
Thats my experience with Kuhmo's. Roughest, noisiest, slickest tires I ever had and didn't even make it 25k miles. Came OEM with the vehicle...

/ What tires are on your truck? #40  
I'm running BFG A/T KO2's on my current truck, second set on them, first set were the older "KO"s. Could immediately tell the difference in traction and tread noise. Still running KO's on my wife's 4Runner. Good traction in most conditions. No "All Terrain" tire does well in sloppy mud, but for the most part we don't deal with sloppy, deep mud here. The BFG's have been all I've run on my last half dozen 4x4's. They just work.

Haven't had a Firestone product since the 70's. Won't give them a dime. Had one of their "721" tires blow the front fender clean off of a brand new '77 Chrysler while going down the freeway. Firestone lawyered up and wouldn't pay for anything. We eventually beat them, but they'll never see another dime of my money. They can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

Michelins have always been good tires.