What tires are on your truck?

/ What tires are on your truck? #61  
We run Michelin defender LTX MS on Three GMC 2500, one F250, and one F150. They get best wear vs millage.
How are these in snow? They are what my tire guy is recomending.

I've currently got some Bridgestones on the vehicle I bought used. Does anybody know how these are on snow?

Last edited:
   / What tires are on your truck? #62  
I have run BF AT's, Dick Cepek FCII, Michelin LTX AT2, Goodyear Duratrac and General Grabber ATx. The BF's and Cepek's I liked well enough, but I felt they weren't worth the price so I switched to Goodyear Duratrac's when they first came out and ended up running three sets on a couple trucks.

When I bought my last 2500HD they came with the Michelin LTX AT2, was a great highway tire, wore well and quiet, but pretty useless off road or plowing snow.

The Duratracs were great off road and plowing snow, tread life was decent. They have a little squirm when new due to the tread depth, they are a bit noisy and getting pretty expensive.

Last year I put a set of General Grabber ATx's on and so far so good, quieter and better riding than the duratracs, good in the snow, not sure on tread life yet as i only have about 7k on them, but so far they're wearing great.

I do only limit my choices to severe snow rated tires based on where I live and plow duty.

/ What tires are on your truck? #64  
I’ve only put 6k miles on my new set of General Grabber ATX’s. Thus far, very happy. On my half ton I had, I put General Grabber AT2’s on and they were spectacular. The AT2 was the predecessor to the current ATX.

View attachment 715517

Yeah I run the same tires on my 2500. (General Grabber ATX - load range E)
Great tires, had them for a few years now. Winter up here is a big deal and we run to the UP towing a 23ft trailer to ride sleds so I definitely wanted the best winter traction available in an all terrain type tire.

These tires are exceptional in the snow, in 4wd it makes the truck like a tank. Screenshot from tire rack below

UbnFhOe.jpg

/ What tires are on your truck? #65  
On my F150's (last four pickups have been F150's) I had problems through the 90's with Goodyear tires being fine until about 50K then no wet traction at all. One day they were fine, next day they were sliding everywhere. Changed to Michelin LTX A/Ts and have great traction, great handling, quiet(ish), fair mud/snow handling, and average about 120K to 125K miles per set. I think I'm on my 4th set (I put about 30K miles a year on a truck) and the current tires I took off my last truck with about 30K on them, have about another 45K on this truck (after factory tires went bad at about 65K) and they're still like new.

Mark

/ What tires are on your truck? #66  
My 2017 Tundra was delivered with BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2. They are passing 57k miles. I have always thought they were a little noisy on the highway but overall I've been very pleased with them.

My tire guy thinks they may have another 5k miles left but I didn't want to wait until they were critical given the supply shortages that exist. I've got a new set of those same type tires sitting in my garage that will be installed tomorrow.

/ What tires are on your truck?
I've got five different kinds of tires counting the spare. I can't remember the brands.
If this is on your truck, doesn’t this seem like a bad idea? I wouldn’t drive my truck on the freeway at all last week because my spare was smaller than the tire on the other side of the axel. 1 side spinning faster than the other seems really bad for LSD clutch pack in the differential. Although not an expert, just trying to use common sense, I could be wrong. :)

/ What tires are on your truck? #68  
I'm pretty cheap / frugal with everything except tires... Michelin tires only please.
The top of the line Costco tire is made by Michelin. Not sure about the others

/ What tires are on your truck? #69  
Michelins on my F-250. Good thing its 4wd because of poor traction on anything except roads. Cooper Discoverer AT3 on my F-150 because I need a truck I can rely on for my farm work without getting stuck when I go off road. So F-250 ends up being used for why I bought it - heavy towing like grain filled gravity boxes, trailer with CTL, etc.

/ What tires are on your truck?
My 2017 Tundra was delivered with BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2. They are passing 57k miles. I have always thought they were a little noisy on the highway but overall I've been very pleased with them.

My tire guy thinks they may have another 5k miles left but I didn't want to wait until they were critical given the supply shortages that exist. I've got a new set of those same type tires sitting in my garage that will be installed tomorrow.
Wow! I’ve never heard of anyone getting that kind of mileage from any AT tires. You must really baby your Tundra. Last time we went trail riding I got a screw driver in the middle of the tread on a front tire. The other one lost 2 tread lugs and end up looking terrible but functioned just fine.