What tires are on your truck?

/ What tires are on your truck? #81  
Cooper Discoverer AT3.
I wouldn't put Goodyear's on a wheelbarrow.
Goodyear owns Cooper now, so I guess you need to find a different brand of tire.

/ What tires are on your truck? #82  
View attachment 715445
2 tires failed under 25k miles. 1 with crack in sidewall. 1 with steel belt broken. The brand is Corsa and I liked the tires, but they didn’t make it to the 40,000 mile warranty.
I run Goodyear Duratrac on my Chevy 2500HD as well as my Xterra. Very happy with them so far. Good crossover between an A/T and mud tire.

/ What tires are on your truck? #84  
Michelin Defender LTX M/S. Great tire had on 3 vehicles.

/ What tires are on your truck?
Guess again. Continental owns them both. Until they ruin Cooper I won’t.
We had Continentals on my wife’s little SUV and they were at 45k without any problems. They were factory installed. Never did get rain or snow miles on them. They handled hard packed dirt and the extreme heat of the desert well. Was going to get the next set at Discount when my daughter borrowed the car and had a head on collision. Notice, still good tread on tires but below the recommended depth. Also not a fair comparison to HD truck tires.
1633371039048.jpeg

Last edited:
   / What tires are on your truck? #87  
On my old truck Michelin, but they were terrible except dry pavement. F150 Goodyear wrangler, 90,000 from first set
Not trying to single you out in particular.....because there are several in this thread, but......

Saying "Insert brand here" is a bad tire.......

Its meaningless unless you say what model/type of tire. Michelin (and all the other brands for that matter) make a TON of different tire options. Different treads and compounds for different conditions.

So note to EVERYONE.....if you have a good or bad experience with a particular tire.....dont just mention a brand. Actually tell us what tire you were running.

Not trying to single you out in particular.....because there are several in this thread, but......

Saying "Insert brand here" is a bad tire.......

Its meaningless unless you say what model/type of tire. Michelin (and all the other brands for that matter) make a TON of different tire options. Different treads and compounds for different conditions.

So note to EVERYONE.....if you have a good or bad experience with a particular tire.....dont just mention a brand. Actually tell us what tire you were running.
You make a very good point. many (self included on previous post) are not specifying exact tires in posts. Thanks. (y)
*also note, I think there might be a little exaggeration here as well. ;)
(pulling of the leg?)

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting truck tire advertisement suddenly on this page? lol! :)

/ What tires are on your truck? #90  
Just my opinion but I think it’s true and a buddy who worked as an engineer at GM backed it up. Any particular product installed on a vehicle new may not be the same one you buy latter to replace it. In some cases the product installed on the vehicle might be better, but not usually. In this case tires, I had a set of Goodyear Wrangler tires on my 2017 F150 and a set of Goodyear RSA tires on my Dodge Challenger. Both total junk in my opinion. The tires on my Challenger were total crap in the rain. Now I think Goodyear makes some good tires, it just seems that don’t always end up on vehicles from the factory.