What tires are on your truck?

/ What tires are on your truck? #91  
My currant RAM 1500 is on the factory Falken Wildpeak A/T LT275/65R18's they have been a decent summer tire for the truck has about 25,000 on it (bought used with 20,000). My previous RAM had the Goodyear SRA's in some wide 20" they were absolutely worthless on anything but dry pavement, got rid of the 20's dropped down to 17"s and ran 245/70R17's Hankook AT's in the summer and studded snows in the winter.
All my vehicles get studded snows in the winter the best that I have found have been the Nokian Hakkapelitta's, I also got decent service from the Cooper studded snows for a lot of years.

/ What tires are on your truck? #92  
My 2021 truck came with Bridgestone Dueler tires. Have 7000 miles on them. pretty good, don't you think?
The Bridgestone Duelers that came on my Tundra are approaching being worn out after only 15k miles. We're hard on tires here but not that hard. I'm going to replace them with something better before winter.

/ What tires are on your truck? #93  
Not trying to single you out in particular.....because there are several in this thread, but......

Saying "Insert brand here" is a bad tire.......

Its meaningless unless you say what model/type of tire. Michelin (and all the other brands for that matter) make a TON of different tire options. Different treads and compounds for different conditions.

So note to EVERYONE.....if you have a good or bad experience with a particular tire.....dont just mention a brand. Actually tell us what tire you were running.
No offense taken, but after twelve years I don’t remember exact model. I had 95 Chevy half ton. I hated those tires in snow or rain.

/ What tires are on your truck? #94  
Peace, the original wrangler were great tires. A little towing and no serious offroad

/ What tires are on your truck? #95  
I have tried several brands over the decades, all on Powerstroke 3/4 or 1 ton 4x4's, '97, '02, '06 and now '19.

BFG All-terrains: Always liked this tire until I actually bought some, decent traction in snow, ice and thin/soupy mud, not good in thick mud, only lasted about 35K miles though. A little noisy.

Firestone Steeltex was one of my favorites, good all-terrain tire, good in snow, ice and light mud, very durable and long lasting, got about 75K miles each on 2 different sets.

Michelins came on the '06 stock, super quiet, good rain and snow traction, not good in any mud, only lasted about 45-50K.

The '19 has Michelins, super quiet, good snow traction, haven't encountered any ice or significant mud with them yet, only at 21K miles so far.

I have heard great things on the Toyo and Nitto A/T & M/T tires for these heavier trucks elsewhere as well. May try them next.

/ What tires are on your truck? #96  
I remember that. I'm so sick of hearing people say the Ford Explorer was unsafe. I had a 95 two door sport and it was not unstable at all. The problem came with Ford saying to run, it was either 24 or 26 PSI? in the tires. That was what was on the door jam sticker.
And that was the problem with the tires and the roll overs. I always ran 32 PSI in mine and never had an issue.

That's why you saw most of the blowouts and roll overs in the States where the temperatures were much higher than up here.
The tires and time line I was speaking about were 2 decades BEFORE the "firestone-ford-exploder" time period you guys are talking about.

Mine had nothing to do with Fords, or Explorers.

It was the Firestone "721" tires. They were garbage. But they were "OEM" tires on a lot of new cars (like ours) back in the day. Eventually there was a huge class action lawsuit and giant tire recall. It almost bankrupted Firestone (pity it didn't). This was in the 1970's, NOT in the 1990's.

/ What tires are on your truck? #97  
My used F-350 came with a new set of Crosswinds A/T 10-ply tires. Overall, they performed well. Snow traction wasn’t bad, but did leave some excellence on the table. Wet and dry traction was good. They lasted right at 20k miles of on and off road commercial use (landscaping and construction), regularly rotated. Truck weighs 9k, with me in it and usually has a 5k-15k dump trailer behind it and sometimes, hundreds or thousands of pounds, on the flatbed. When they wore down, they got very slick, quickly.

The Crosswinds, new:

E2AE08B9-5089-4D82-8D8F-B97B43A07F4E.png

932A416A-8E90-46BD-A752-E5A207F6F765.png

After 20k miles:

AAB62E32-A2AA-4B98-8BEC-5EC2C45DE254.jpeg

8ED342AB-F520-47E8-B999-FF132A910EBF.jpeg

Here are the General Grabber ATX’s. They have been on 7,135 miles. I checked the tread and I’m running the PSI a little higher than I should. Door jamb states 75 PSI, front; 65 PSI, rear. I’ve been running 5 PSI lower. This was great, on the Crosswinds, but not the Generals. I’ll drop it another 5 PSI and see if that wears better.

The ATX’s are better, in every way. In snow, they are excellent.

New:

055ED077-E45C-45CB-8896-D40D63614C4C.png

After 7k miles:

56206BA0-57E8-4F41-9460-289849AA15D0.jpeg

0B72590C-E091-47EC-9608-069D6ECB63AB.jpeg

I also found a nail in one of the front tires, so I’ll get a combo plug patch out in it, in the morning, and rotate the tires.

/ What tires are on your truck? #98  
It was the Firestone "721" tires. They were garbage. But they were "OEM" tires on a lot of new cars (like ours) back in the day. Eventually there was a huge class action lawsuit and giant tire recall. It almost bankrupted Firestone (pity it didn't). This was in the 1970's, NOT in the 1990's.
I had a tbird that had Firestone 721 s. When they issued the recall, I went to the Firestone dealer to take care of it. The dealer replaced all 4 of my fairly new 721s. When I got home, I checked the tires they put on. They were used, almost worn out 721s.