What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf?

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #131  
You know thats the funny thing about all these conversations. Its like some people buy the tires for a tractor based on the few times they feel they must drive it on a mushy lawn.

Even a small 25HP tractor should not be driven on a soft lawn.
I tend to mow native grasses during the summer rainy season because that’s when they’re growing and I don’t like to choke on dust. I used my neighbors tractor with R1 tires once and discovered that it’s also good at making ruts in the field. More so than my R4s

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #132  
Take this with a grain of salt and a thought.my neighbor buried his work master 35 with r4 tires. I know my l3901 would have pulled it out without feeling a thing because of loaded r1 tires but the neighbor likes to boast about everything he has or does so I took my 9 hp Farmall Cub with loaded a r1s and pulled him out without a thought. He hasn’t spoken to me since

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #133  
Hahahahahahahaha
Damn near spit out my diet root beer
Good one M1garand762!

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #134  
Take this with a grain of salt and a thought.my neighbor buried his work master 35 with r4 tires. I know my l3901 would have pulled it out without feeling a thing because of loaded r1 tires but the neighbor likes to boast about everything he has or does so I took my 9 hp Farmall Cub with loaded a r1s and pulled him out without a thought. He hasn’t spoken to me since
That Had to be embarrassing for the Work master owner.

Cubs were never offered in 4 x 4,

2 wheel drive Only- right?

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #135  
So you "hit two birds with one stone".

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #136  
   / What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #137  
So far I find my R4s work well for what i use the tractor for. If pulling ground engaging implements in a field, R1s would be in order, but I don’t do that so…..

And the R4s on the Bobcat have wide gaps between the lugs - more so than many R4s I see - so mine do well in snow and mud.

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #138  
My MX6000 is pushing 7000lbs with FEL and loaded tires calculated in (and that's without counting 3pt attachments). Turf or not, I'm going to make a horrendous mess so I use R1s and NEVER worry about traction. This thing has so much traction you'd swear it could swim.

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #139  
I love the Turf tires on my JD 790, but it seems they tend to pick up any nail or sharp object and puncture constantly. Thus when I got my L3301 I was ok to see R1 tires, but after almost tipping over just hitting bumps on the road, I am looking at the R4. What should you look for in a new tractor to start with or does it matter.
I studied this very question for a long time before setting on the R4. The bottom line is that the R4 offers only about 60% of the traction of the R1 (ag tread). However it does not tear up the ground as bad as a R1. It also has a wider stance. I was concerned about tip-over potential while bush hogging sideways on hills. We recently came through some ice/snow here in VA and I quickly found that I could not plow UP my driveway at all. After being towed back home by a farmer/friend I bought chains for the front tires and they worked like a champ. Hope this helps.

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf?
The thing is, I was clearing out one of the lots and someone had dumped their trees in the lot (most likely the neighbor when he built his house), and when I hit them, I dug into the sand immediately. I had to lift myself out gingerly with the grapple and cover the sand with brush to keep from falling back in...