what to do with a pile of asphalt

AWSubie

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 2N, Kioti NX5010 HST Cab
It can be reclaimed. Are u near a municipality that would want it? Of course u would need to allow their heavy equipment on ur property.

repete

Platinum Member
Tractor
L2550DT IH584-4WD
I suggest being careful about burying anything as some property sales agreements make you disclose anything about the property that is not visible to the buyer. Those little secrets can cost you big time down the road as you may just find yourself defending against a lawsuit in the future.

deereman75

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 2120, Warner & Swasey 6000# offroad forklift, Case W9B loader, various non-running decorations
If I had that problem I'd call a local earthmoving contractor and pay the $140 an hour for a full size trackhoe (like a Hitachi 200) to come and bury the pile for you. It'd only take them an hour or two, and you can sit back with a beer instead of breaking your back and your tractor doing it yourself.

It'd be a lot cheaper than renting equipment too.

ruffdog

Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5610 G series w/turfs
Cover it back up and call it an ancient burial mound. You could sell tickets for people to see it too.

Looking4new

Tractor
2012 Kioti CK27HST w/cab
If there is an asphalt plant (the place where they make the finished product you have), they might want it as part of their reclaim pile. Or at least accept it after you get it busted up.

BobInSD

Tractor
JD, Ford, and Kubota
Cover it back up and call it an ancient burial mound. You could sell tickets for people to see it too.

I was thinking you could be the cool dad and let local kids jump their dirt bikes off of it. I be your insurance guy would love that.

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
Turn around and walk away. You never saw it, it's not there, and there's no reason to think otherwise.

jmc

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST
Must be a thing? Saw a local asphalt crew bury their leftovers on a soon-to-be-developed lot near me. Told the developer and they had to come back and undo their own mess.

OP
Cougsfan

Cougsfan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO35, Branson 4720CH
No, I don't really need the area, but the mound just looks funny, unnatural and out of place. Now that I took all the dirt off it, it does look like an ancient burial mound. I do know a contractor with a big track hoe that could make short work of it, but his mobilization fees just to come here, before he even starts his track hoe up, is more than I would want to pay. I could dig a hole beside it. bit it would be a big hole, and besides that my tractor wouldn't have enough "umph" to even begin to push it in. I guess it will stay there for now and I will try to consider it attractive:(