What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay?

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #1  

Reddogs

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 790 / Kubota L3301
I had a 16 foot dual wheel trailer for the smaller John Deere 790 tractor, but it was unsteady even for that tractor, and now got the bigger and heavier Kubota L3301, with LA 525 FEL and box blade on back. I got the old trailer used and it was wooden deck, and I didnt like replacing the broken planks or having to rewire almost the entire thing by the end, but I know a new one would be expensive to say the least. So I have been looking at diamond plate trailers versus the wood floor trailers. What trailer and what size should I get and how much should I pay.

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #2  

Here is one in the for sale area here. From my experience, it would fit nicely and be a handy thing with the 3 series tractor. also it is a very good price - trailers (like most everything now) have gone way up in price since I bought one.......

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #3  

Here is one in the for sale area here. From my experience, it would fit nicely and be a handy thing with the 3 series tractor. also it is a very good price - trailers (like most everything now) have gone way up in price since I bought one.......
Seems a little small to me to try and fit a L3301 with FEL and blade on.

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #4  
Seems a little small to me to try and fit a L3301 with FEL and blade on.
LOL - yeah! I thought he was looking for something to pull with the tractor!!

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #5  
OP, I've got a 18 with 2' dove tail so 20' and my MX with a BH and FEL doesn't fit unless I drop the bucket in the back of the truck. I'd recommend a 20' trailer minimum if you plan to move the tractor with a blade or brushhog. I'd really look at 22 or 24' so you have spare space to throw a pallet of whatever you need on with the tractor as well. New probably $7-10K depending on the manufacture for wood deck, I don't recall the last time I saw a steel deck around here but I'm guess it's significantly more with the current cost of steel.

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #6  
I’d get a 20 foot 10k trailer or if the cost wasn’t much different I’d probably move up to a 14k even though that’s excessive. I personally don’t like a steel deck and prefer wood.

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #7  
LOL - yeah! I thought he was looking for something to pull with the tractor!!
Ahhh, I got you. You had me scratching my head pretty good there for a while:ROFLMAO:

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #8  
I pull my L2501 with an 18ft, 10K trailer. The weight is just fine for the machine, but when I have the brush-hog and loader on, the tail wheel hangs off. No room for adjustment either. Go 20ft minimum.

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #9  
I think the problems with broken planks probably has more to do with cheap or old wood. The trailers I use have wood decks and even having much heavier equipment loaded on and off multiple times a day for several years, the wood is fine. steel decks are honestly a pain. As far as price goes, im too cheap to buy anything that isnt dirt cheap and needs a bunch of work so i can help there.

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #10  
I just looked at a 20' 10K trailer and it was selling for $5900 on the lot. I bought the same trailer in the 18' version in 2017 for $3500 out the door. Yeah, prices have gone up more than just a bit on these. I saw the identical unit to mine for sale for $6300.
It was plenty of trailer for my Ford 1715 with a FEL, loaded tires and a 500# ballast box, but with the new NH B50H it is going to be just the tractor only. I wish I had gotten the 20' or 22' 14k trailer, but I never expected to have that large of a tractor.

On steel vs wood deck, I prefer wood. The coefficient of friction is considerably higher. i.e. stuff is less likely to slide.